Poor me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victimguy

I work for a state hospital and it was said to me when i started this counseling job by a co-worker..if you can work for the state...you can work anywhere and whatever they told you...They lied. She didn't go into any further details. Anyway...I worked as a chem. dependency counselor for a state hospital for the past 5 and a half months attempting to get my 2000 hrs completed so i could get my LADC lisense completed. Yesterday i was called into the bosses office and told that this arrangement wasn't working out, and i had the option of quiting or else they would take steps to fire me. i was to give an answer today. Today i met with my boss, and asked why this was happening...she said that it was reported by my co-workers that i was intimidating...and that I had poor working relationships with referrals/co-workers.
And that I had refused a referral without consultation with my supervisor, and had failed to attend a training provided by the state. She said i was unsupervisable...anyway...the only one of these charges that was true..was that as the head of a program I interviewed a client who we had kicked out of various programs for dealing drugs, continued negitive behaviors that endangered his peers/staff, etc...anyway as we had walked him to the door he had made comments of a threating nature that he lives close to me and that my daughter plays with one of his friends children. I didn't feel that he was approapriate for the continuing care program for many reasons but did give him a chance but he never showed up. Referral called and wanted to enroll him again a month later and i said no. No one told me i needed supervisers permission to deny him...referral was angry complained to my boss....threatned to take business away and i was fired a week later. Do i have any courses of action I can take? My union told me that they would try to help but that due to it being a training period, they can fire me just for not liking my car or the color of my car. He didn't seem to want to get involved.:no:

Your sole recourse is through the union. They can fire you for any reason or no reason as long as their reason doesn't violate the law, and this doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back