please read and reply any info

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingleMom24

I have a 6 year old girl. I have been taking care of her for a long time on my own, without any child support. Her father was abusive. He cheated, he left, he came back, he left again. Then he hurt me so bad one night that I thought he was going to kill me. I got a restraining order, we went to court. I dropped the charges. He agreed to work out child support and have supervised visitation at his mothers house. He offered me $150 a month. Kind of a joke... I know... but at least I was getting something for my child. And I didn't have to deal with him anymore.

Then he disapeared after 2 months and stopped paying even the $150. I filed child support against him and now he owes. He didn't show up for court and then he left the country. He now resides at his bothers, in Europe.

We have kept in touch via email, trying to negotiate child support, he and I. He refuses to pay. He says he has no money. But if I send my daughter to stay with his family for various parts of the year in Spain, Miami, etc. then they will pay the child support for him. I fear that they would not even return my child to me after the supposed vacation. I don't even know them, most of them I've never even met. There is no way I can do that. He and his family has threatened me to cooperate.

I really want to get full custody of my daughter. I do not want my life to be the only thing between my daughter and him. If something were to happen to me, she is his next of kin. He would not take her in permanently I would think, but he would probably give her to his family. I want her here with my family. We have a big wonderful family and we are all she knows. I would like to grant them full custody if I should die, NOT him. Do I need money for a lawyer to have this custody thing taken care of? I know he will not show up in court here in the USA for this so there wont be any protest. Also, are their any particular agencies I can go through to get the child support that he has never paid. I live in NC and he lives in Barcelona Spain. The only information I have for him is his name, social security number, and I know that he works at a Hotel near his home there, but they will not give a name. I have been to the child support agency. My case there has had the same status on it since a few weeks after I opened it. Nothing has been done for a few years now. Do you have any other suggestions as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back