Please need help ( decree absolute )

Status
Not open for further replies.

citizenship

Hi , first af all thanks for providing such great service for all of us .

my question is me and my wife has been divorced in Texas like 7 months ago and it was really easy divorce cause we did not have any kids or property . so we had our final divorce order in same day but the thing is since we both had multipe nationalty and still married in other country ( Turkey ) we decided to ended up our marriage in Turkey too. in order to divorce in other country we provided our final divorce paper from Texas court to the court in Turkey . what they asking is i think decree absolute . i mean we have our final divorce papers from Dallas TX but it say this final judgment is appealable , since it say appealable Turkish corts wants to have exact divorce date without any chance of appeal . i have already contact with court clark and they say they dont have such paper which will show exact divorce date without appeal . please i really need a help . where can i get this decree absolute in Texas ??

Best Regards,

If Texas doesn't provide divorces without the right of appeal, they don't provide it. This is not an uncommon situation with foreign countries seeking proof of "final" orders.

What's the appeal period in Texas? Usually it's something short, like a month. So wait out the appeal period, then the Texas divorce order will no longer be appealable, and then submit it to Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back