Please help

Alasa

Jurisdiction
Colorado
~I would first like to note I am a 16 year old female with extreme depression~
So, here's my story I recently got into trouble with my boyfriend and a friend of ours. While my friend is in jail now for unrelated reasons, my boyfriend and I had to go to court where we were given a no contact order. The problem is for three years now I have had depression and when I met him he helped comfort me and I was clean of self harm for over a year. Now that we were given a no contact order and have been separated I have become increasingly more depressed again.
My questions are: Why were we given a no contact order when there was no violence involved? How can I get this no contact order removed as soon as possible? Oh and his mother does not approve of me and will be the only one fighting to keep this no contact order in place, will that affect if it is removed or not? I appreciate any advice given to me and thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Get some counseling for your depression.

Obey the no contact order and stay away from the boyfriend.

The courts are smarter than you are when it comes to keeping children apart who are bad influences on each other.

~I would first like to note I am a 16 year old female with extreme depression~
So, here's my story I recently got into trouble with my boyfriend and a friend of ours. While my friend is in jail now for unrelated reasons, my boyfriend and I had to go to court where we were given a no contact order. The problem is for three years now I have had depression and when I met him he helped comfort me and I was clean of self harm for over a year. Now that we were given a no contact order and have been separated I have become increasingly more depressed again.
My questions are: Why were we given a no contact order when there was no violence involved? How can I get this no contact order removed as soon as possible? Oh and his mother does not approve of me and will be the only one fighting to keep this no contact order in place, will that affect if it is removed or not? I appreciate any advice given to me and thank you in advance.

You're a minor.
The law considers you to be "legally incompetent", as in nonexistent.
No court in this nation would entertain a motion from you because you alone have no standing to bring any such legal action.
Betcha thought otherwise, huh?
If you did, you'd be dead wrong.

Only your parents can petition the court to recall the NCO.
I'm betting they have little interest in arguing to remove the NCO.
If you do harm yourself, the court's remedy would be to lock your crazy carcass away in a safe, secure juvenile jail-like facility.
I suggest you ask mom and dad to get you into see a child psychiatrist, ASAP.

When the judge ordered it to myself she said that it IS possible for myself and my father to have it removed, it's also stated on the back of the no contact order. But neither tell us how to do it so if you guys have any advice on how my dad and I can both work to have it removed that's what I really need help with. I apologize for not mentioning him earlier but will that change anything???

Last edited:
Back