Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer17

My friend has been divorced 3 years, he pays alimony to his ex that cheated on him. He works overtime alot to pay his bills nad her and moved ot a smaller apt. In his JOD it says if he works overtime nadm ake a specific amt in overtime she receives extra $3000, can he fight this without an atty

Probably not, he should get an attorney. How long was he ordered to pay her for? How long was he married?

hi
thanks for responding
2 more yrs left in alimony, married 8 years but he cant afford an atty thats the problem, thats how come i looking to see or research other options haha

In most states, judgments in lawsuits with the type of provisions you talk about cannot be changed.

thanks for the response
but he has seriously no money, he cant pay his bills cant he file a motion in crt and prove that he cant afford to pay her the extra money that she req in the JOD, he pays her current alimony and overtime, thats not fair and he cnat afford his own stuff, if he can prove it, attys are expensive if i had the money trust me i would help him haha

thanks for the response
but he has seriously no money, he cant pay his bills cant he file a motion in crt and prove that he cant afford to pay her the extra money that she req in the JOD, he pays her current alimony and overtime, thats not fair and he cnat afford his own stuff, if he can prove it, attys are expensive if i had the money trust me i would help him haha

The fact that you cannot pay your judgment is no defense to not paying your judgment.

Did he have an attorney when he divorced? He should not have agreed to pay it if he cannot afford it.

He can call around to see if anyone can help him pro bono. How did we get stuck paying 5 yrs of alimony for an 8 yr marriage?

Did he have an attorney when he divorced? He should not have agreed to pay it if he cannot afford it.

He can call around to see if anyone can help him pro bono. How did we get stuck paying 5 yrs of alimony for an 8 yr marriage?

I'm looking for a pro bono plumber.

not sure exactly how long he told me but i forgot, and he didnt fight it WHY i dont know, esp bc she cheated on him, the thing is, he pays his current alimony and cs but he always has an arrears bc like i said, if he makes a certain amt in overtime she gets a percentage nad they tack it on to his arrears, his cs/alimony comes from wg, the arrears are from the overtime percentage she gets accord to JOD but he is left wirth no money bc she gets it and honestly he is a good guy nad pays but she gets way tooo much money and im just trying to see his options, so any advice i would love to listen and i am looking somehow to help him pay the arrears, but peopel say he needs an atty but that expensive so if i can research and get advice and do it pro se but it looks like he needs an atty haha

can he make her provide proof, bank accts of whre the monies going
the ex works part time but has money for a new laptop and go on vacations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back