Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamoski86

My boyfriends soon to be ex wife will not let me around their children they have a girl 7 and a boy 2 the little girl was adopted by my boyfriend and the 2 year old is biological, the ex wife will not let me have any contact with the children and i will be moving in with him very soon, he does not have visitation yet they are still working that out in court. What legal rights do i have to see the children his children love me and want to see me his daughter has written me notes telling me how she loves me and how she will see me soon but her mother will not allow that to happen can i judge say that i can not be around his kids? i need help i dont know what to do

For now I would stop listening to her and avoid any communication with her. This is between mom and dad. You have to understand that the kids are probably upset and confused as it is, you don't want to make it any worse for them. i would lay low for now. Your boyfriend is not even divorced yet. It is possible a judge can order you not around the kids and no unrelated people staying overnight, but it is unlikely. Your boyfriend does not have to listen to her. If you be mature about this and keep a low profile, you will be better off.

So, unless the orders say the girlfriend is not to be around the kids, Dad can tell her to mind her own business. But remember here, divorce is tough and the kids are going through a tough time.

Good luck

Good advise from Duranie. I wouldn't move in until the divorce is final and visitation is settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back