please help I dont want to loose my daughter

C

concerned dad

Jurisdiction
California
my basic question is I'm trying to find out what I can do about the hospital social worker trying to say she's going to make a CPS report about my daughter that was just born and the reason for this is because back in February my fiance moved from Sacramento to the Bay Area and they called her prenatal and cancelled all her appointments and her insurance for some reason during the move it then took us three months because that's what they said it would take for the transfer to get it reinstated by this time she was already in the end of her second trimester and now they're trying to say that that's strike one for CPS and they're also saying that the baby tested positive for opiates but the only opiates that she had done were the Norcos that the doctor had prescribed her on a prior visit and the beginning of May and she delivered May 22nd and she was given on May 3rd 40 Norcos to take as needed for pain and they're also trying to say she tested positive for opiates back and February but I showed and told them that it was from the dentist that gave her codeine 4 she had a really bad tooth infection so basically all these little things are medical problems that they caused and now they're trying to say that we have to pay for this there anything that I can do to fight this I mean I know that this medical system is all messed up right now but come on they really can't look at their own paperwork from their own hospital and see where that could have happened at I mean I understand the dentist that's why I went and was able to get copies from the pharmacist to prove that one but I just don't understand I'm pretty literate when it comes to law if someone could point me in the right direction of how I should approach this I would really appreciate it because right now all I'm seeing is red thank you

Those scientific tests for the presence of illicit drugs don't lie.

Oxycodone is a semi-synthetic opiate, formulated for the relief of moderate to severe pain.

Codeine is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic. Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of codeine.

If you use either medicine while you are pregnant, your baby could become dependent on the drug. This can cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in the baby after it is born. Babies born dependent on habit-forming medicine may need medical treatment for several weeks. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.

There's NOTHING you can do, that's LEGAL, to prevent the SW (a mandated reporter) from letting CPS know what the tests have confirmed.

By the way, your timeline confirms the hospital personnel's suspicions, as well as the tests.

Your GF foolishly chose to feed her addiction, rather than stop to save the child from becoming addicted.

Neither of you would be good parents until you've gotten help.

Before you're ready to get help, you must stop making or creating excuses, telling lies, in a feeble attempt to distract others.

I've represented dozens, more like hundreds of addicts in my career, sentenced a few to prison. Not one time did I require a drug test to properly identify an addict. Addicts have more "tells", than do bad poker players.

Even the lies addicts concoct give them away.

As stated this person is a "mandated reporter" meaning they are required by law to report any suspected abuse. Whether you lose your child or not depends on your actions or lack of. Children's services does not like to remove children and will work with you to keep family intact or if separated help you work towards reuniting. You are best served working with them and following all suggestions. Dealing with Children's services | Parent Nook

Back