Please Help Asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krsuwmd

Please help asap!

Our neighbor has many many animals, most of which are neglected. Many of them end up on our property, so I keep food out for them. Over a year ago, one started staying here day and night. They were informed of this and did nothing. As the weather turned cold, he wanted inside, cold, soaking wet and very hungry. I started letting him in, feeding him and giving him a warm place to sleep at night. I then noticed that he was ill. I again informed the neighbor several times, who continued to ignore me and did nothing to treat or care for the cat. I finally took the cat to the vet, and have spent several hundreds of dollars to get him well. I nursed him back to health, and he continues to need care, but I love him dearly and he follows me everywhere. Now, over a year later, I receive a letter from the neighbor stating they want the cat back. I fear for his health and welfare if they did take him back, and it would be devastating for me.

What does the law say about this?

Offer them a reasonable amount of money for the cat,which is probably what they want.
If not and you are being sued in small claims counter claim for bills for services rendered,I guarantee they wont want to pay the demand.

I would follow green hornet's advice.........And if you feel they are neglecting animals, call the animal police. They would pay them a surprise visit and take the animals from them for relocation or until they meet certain conditions. They would be happy to give you the cat for free............Some of such animals after seizure have no homes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back