Physical Assaulted at WORK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasandra

I returned Feb 2007 as a Front office supervisor for 7months I decided to quit due to poor management team who I was working under. At that time HR offered me to get transfer instead of quitting since they felt I was qualified for another position,I agreed. Since then I have worked several locations for my company and have performed excellent with no complains the opposite. March of 2008 I was promoted to be transferred to our brand new department which is were I work now as a front office coordinator. I have never been in trouble at this site. My administrator we don't seem to agree an I am very uncomfortable around her. She is the same administrator who i worked with when I was a supervisor and had no choice but to move on. She transferred around a year ago to my location. Really.I am doing my daily job descriptions with no problems regardless of my personal opinion of How I feel she my administrator now comes across at

On march 17th I was slapped by another co-worker by the stairs. It escalated from a verbal disagreement to a slap on my right side of my face. During the week she has tried to push me while we pass each others hall way on 2 different occasions and different days.Earlier that day she saw I was walking into the break room to clock out to go to lunch and instead of her holding the door so I can come in she closed it in my face in front of another coworker who I was leaving for lunch with. I did report to my manager on the day of the incidents.As I was leaving the break room from lunch I saw her and she was walking with such a speed that two thing either I close the door in her face or I open it to see if I can go out before she comes in but she was walking so fast that I had no choice to open wider and step back like holding the door for her to avoid her hitting me with her force. She than stumbled over my left foot which she claims I lifted to trip her.(co-worker who hit me)She said why the "Fu.." did you just trip me why the "F" did you raise you foot up.

I said calm down grow up stop acting immature and act like a real women at work.I than closed the door from the break room and continue to go to my station which is on the 1st floor and I normally take the stair way. Is away from her station since she works the 2nd floor she had no business going towards the same way I was.(co worker) She came towards me and said. Don't you ever "Fuc..."disrespected me like that, you know what I am all about I will kick your ass.
I told her calm down grow up and she pushed my left hands so hard knocked my brand new cell all the way down the stairs broke it, and with her other hand immediately Slapped me on my Right side of my face.I immediately told her You are done you are getting fired for slapping me and laying your hands on me.
She said no on is going to believe you , you have no witness its my words against yours.
I said move away let me thru I don't need any witness because you know you slapped me. I went to find anyone who I came across 1st person was her supervisor. She put us in her office since she says we were both yelling I just remember the Co Worker who hit me yelling having a smile on her face when her supervisor was not directly looking at her and denying the fact that she hit me.

I told her why are you smiling do you think this is funny you hit me and going to be fired.She replied n front of her supervisor If I get fired something is really going down right now. Why would I get you now when I can get you outside of work or on the field. I would just kick your ass.
Her supervisor (the co worker) told her to go outside. I told her supervisor to let me go out too and look for my Administrator since clearly nothing was being done here. I told her supervisor you are going to let her talk to me like that in front of you and as her supervisor and let her threatened me that she was going to kick my ass if i get her fired,all this was said to me in front of her supervisor.

I told her supervisor I was a supervisor before and clearly I know this is not right, which she is aware of that since its the same company now . I was told by her to go see my administrator. I again told her all over he same story in details. She wrote 5pages of the incident, took 3 pictures had me physically demonstrate and at a point she told me since I was so hysterical nervous scared and shock.
(per my administrator) Honey clearly I do see something was done I see the marks in your face but you need to relax so I can continue to write this report.
The following 2 days after Human resources came. Took my report and did there investigations. They took names of all the witness who had been in the same break room when it originally started. Took my witness name who was my coworker which was not questioned who saw her be unprofessional during working hours and slammed the door in my face before all this happened. When HR came some of the conversations that stand out to me was me repeating to her YOU ARE GETTING FIRED FOR BREAKING THE LAW
Human resources informed me and seemed puzzled and said....
'Why would another coworker get so angry at you, and can not understand why would she jeopardize her work by hitting me does not make sense". Advise me for the future in case I needed to inform another co worker to use better wording. Because by me telling her "You are being immature grow up act like a women" was kinda of a blow. I replied by sure yes I can use better wording but she humiliated me,disrespected me using unprofanity in front of other staff members than followed me to physically attacked me but I have to use better wording.I can not give you an answer why she did it, I am as shocked as everyone but what I do know is she hit me for no reason, she could of handle it better if she felt I intentionally tripped her.
Human resources asked me did I have any witness at that time she slapped me. I said no it was in the stair way than it is my word against hers like she yelled in my face. She also advise from today March 19th I can no longer discuss to anyone of what is going on or immediate discipline will be taken. She did asked did I speak with anyone about this I said yes other co workers since I was so shocked. HR advise moving forward no more discussions. I agreed. All this time in the meeting I had no support on my side of team or my immediate management the opposite which I was so uncomfortable. Her supervisor was present but not mines.

Today I asked before my shift was over to my administrator what was going on with my incident. She replied by they are coming out tomorrow HR. I asked if I can see the pictures she replied I deleted them since I was instructed by HR. She says
" you ended up speaking with a coworker of your incident" I asked her who and what was said
She said the therapist which we don't have now great communications Nothing close to those words I told him or anyone. That was on the day of the incident when I was in shock I was going to my department which me and him work together. I told her I was clearly advise 2 days later of me not to speak with anyone of this matter. The pictures had been taken before this counseling was given to me and the discussion I had with my other co worker was prior to my Human resources meeting. My manager says that she heard that I said
I hit my head some way and made my face turned red with hives to make it look like a slap.
I told her so you deleted my only evidence that I fell I had for myself just because another co worker told you what we discussed. But you never even called to ask me or discipline me and see if it is how I told him because it wasn't what I said. she said sorry but I was doing what I was told and all I can tell you is Human resources will be out tomorrow. I told her I needed for my police report since she did threatened me to get me after work.She also mentioned I should come in professional just like her the co worker who slapped me, since she is coming every day doing her work and keeping to her self. I said and I am also doing the same, she is confident of her lies since she is not afraid or intimidated by me why would she, she was not the one who got attacked.

I also want to state I have known her from outside of this company I met her as a patient. She used to go to Gynecology were I was her medical assistant. She would come in with her Gang related ex husband and she has always been very verbal, aggressive and confrontational. That's the impression I have always known of her. She has told me many stories of her personal life such as drugs her welfare/section 8 situation. She was fired from a previous company for having an physical altercation with another co worker. She has told me that story before years ago not just now. She has also mentioned this story to other co workers from the same company we both work for now.I mentioned to Human Resources on the day of my incident. My work has this impression why now we are no longer friends. Why now I am being negative about her or slandering her. I told them we were never friends I am just polite person, since we did nothing outside of work hours I had no reason to offend her by telling her each time she said to others we are friends, we have known each other from before. I explained to them last week HR I believe this is all about a stupid softball team that I joined with her and allot of other coworkers but ended up not playing after all since I sprain my ankle. My husband would of not let me play after all since he saw what kind of men are playing in the team drinking and smoking marijuana in a public park city park with children around. I told everyone all I cared was to play seemed fun and a good work out. None of my business what others did since I was just around for the game. I was off work for 2 weeks and a month ago I returned to my job and ever since than she has started with me all. I can say It can be jealousy from her since I joined the team. The men that play on that team are her friends and she started to act weird in secured is what I heard from other co-workers. I never brought that to no one attentions since I figured it has nothing to do with my work or her performance until she became unprofessional during working hours.I also mentioned it to Human Resources if I thought she was going to attack me I would of definitely let someone at work know. I just continued to come in daily and ignore her and other comments form co workers. Since I have no idea was it true or cared if it was. So i think it had all to do with a softball team, which I got to know them as of maybe 3months ago. Which till this day I never developed a friendship with the whole team.
I am just very concern of my safety and rights. PLEASE ADVISE!GOD BLESS. Should I just look for another job and move on but part of me thinks how can someone get away with this. I work in a big medical group and no one willing to help me.
Thank you for your time.

You should file a police report and press charges.

Then you should speak with a good lawyer and seek medical treatment.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, but you need a lawyer.

Your case is far too complex for this forum.

Go, hire a lawyer.

Then see a physician.

Trouble is brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back