Phone calls

Georgesimmons

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
hey everyone I have a question for you all. We are in an involuntary termination case with my ex. He hasnt visited the children or provided child support in 2 years. He doesn't ask for any information about them every tho he has their school information and dr contact information and he moved to New Jersey 2 hours away from us. The only think he does do is send us threatening and vulgar text messages and talks to the kids on the phone infrequently. He continued to send disrespectful and vulgar text messages to me so I told him to not text me anymore and if you want to speak to the children just call and I will put them on. He agreed to that but continued to text so I just ignored him. He only called 5 times for the kids in 8 months. Do you think the judge will rule in favor of us if we petition to terminate becuase in pa the law is 6 months without performing parental duties and I think he definitely reached that. Let me know your thoughts

The best bet is to ask your attorney. You do have an attorney, don't you? If not, I suggest finding one, as TPR and step-parent adoption is not a DIY project.

Just because it can be done does not mean it will be done. Don't be surprised if the court gives him opportunity to correct his behavior.

Have you taken it back to court to get the child support order enforced? If not, why not? If you have just waited out the two years, I would be very surprised if his rights were terminated at this point.

I don't think you'll get his rights terminated at this point. The court always gives parents second, third, fourth, 100 chances to be a parent.

Do you think the judge will rule in favor of us if we petition to terminate becuase in pa the law is 6 months without performing parental duties and I think he definitely reached that. Let me know your thoughts

No, not on my useless, pathetic, wretched life do I think any judge will terminate anyone's parental rights because the the person has been an uncouth, brutish, disrespectful lot toward you and cares very little about his children.

You do know that you can obtain a FREE application from Apple or Google (depending upon your phone) that can BLOCK anyone you choose from texting you, right?

That would eliminate the foul text tirades the bum unleashes on you.

You can then maintain a line for him to call the kids, if he chooses to do so.

Unfortunately, there are millions of neglectful parents out there.

Letting them off the hook by assisting the person to have her or his parental righst terminated also allows them to get off the FINANCIAL responsibility hook.

Good luck.

You could set up Family Wizard and then it keeps track of everything he communicates to you. Then you can show that to the judge when you go to court.

And yeah - judges don't like to just terminate parental rights because then it terminates their child support obligation in most cases. My lawyer even told me that it's really hard to get someone's rights terminated.

Back