PFA Violations; What Happens Next?

thunder44

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My mother, sister and I have had a PFA in place against my father for about 90 days or so after a continuance was filed (not by us) and it was recently violated twice within a 24 hour period. We contacted the police and followed their instructions by creating the necessary reports. I am curious what will occur. It says fine, probation and jail time is possible and that we may need to testify. My father called my mother's cell phone once during the day and once at night. We have photos of the call logs and a video as well. What will most likely occur?

Are the police going to arrest him? Or did they just take a report?

If they aren't going to arrest him, there isn't likely going to be anything happening to him for just a couple of phone calls.

No telling what will happen.
If it is a clear violation of the order the prosecutor will bring the charges, then if he is convicted of the offense the penalty is up to the judge. This seems like a minor issue so I'd expect a minor penalty. Call louts are easy evidence to obtain, so if he did it he will likely plead guilty and get a first offense "shame on you" from the court. If he continues I'd expect jail time. Anyone's guess though.

My mother, sister and I have had a PFA in place against my father for about 90 days or so after a continuance was filed (not by us) and it was recently violated twice within a 24 hour period. We contacted the police and followed their instructions by creating the necessary reports. I am curious what will occur. It says fine, probation and jail time is possible and that we may need to testify. My father called my mother's cell phone once during the day and once at night. We have photos of the call logs and a video as well. What will most likely occur?

It is time to move as rapidly and as far away as you can.

At a minimum put three states distance between the savage and yourselves.

If mom doesn't want to go, you beet feet and get out as fast as you can.

You are dealing with a ticking, humanoid timebomb.

Back