Personal reference sabotage

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirleyc

Recently I interviewed for a job. I had to supply 8 references, 4 work and 4 personal. The references were checked and the interviewer called stating they were all exemplary, she was thrilled, extremely impressed and said she thought I was perfect for the position. She wanted to speak to me one more time, the next day and set up a time to meet (the client was working out of town at the time.) The next day the conversation went well and we were set to meet in 2 weeks. A few days later I received a phone call from the interviewer stating one of my personal references had called her back and the reference said that she thought someone else should have the position because I didn't deserve to make that amount of money. The reference further stated that because I didn't have entertainment industry experience and other people that had worked in the entertainment industry for many years and not be earning anything close to me, and they deserved a chance to make that amount of money before me. The interviewer told the reference that she didn't want a candidate with entertainment industry experience, she wanted someone with a corporate background. My background is finance (BBA-Finance) and law (JD). The interviewer told her my background, being corporate, was exactly what she was looking for. My reference continued with her campaign that she still didn't think I should be making more money that others who had been in the industry for many years more than me. My reference is an entertainment attorney. I did not get the job. I do not know an exact reason as to why I did not get the job. Do I have any recourse against my reference and would the Bar Association be interested in her conduct?

Posters - please refer to Personal Reference for Jobs under insurance. Same posting by the registered user. Thanks!

I know. please accept my apology. I knew I had placed it in teh wronf place initially and wanted to move it. Also, the person that was responding after you I could not deal with at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back