Negligence, Other Injury personal injury

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
if two family members (son & a nephew) get into a fight. the nephew starts the fight, and the parents jump in. the mother twist her wrist and the father fell on glass and had to have his hand operated on. I must add all three had been drinking all day. Who is responsible for the parents' medical bills?

The parents. Their own fault for getting into the fight. They should have backed off and called the cops.

I disagree because I don't think we have enough information to know the full story and determine who was truly in the wrong here. For example, how old were the son and nephew? If the son was 6 and the nephew was 16, if I were the parent I certainly would intervene to protect my six year old from an attack started by the teenager. I also don't know how the parents' injuries occurred. Did the nephew twist the wrist or push the father through the glass? If so, what led to the nephew doing that?

It may well be once all the facts are brought to light that the nephew and/or son share some or all the blame for this.

two family members (son & a nephew) get into a fight.

the parents jump in. the mother twist her wrist and the father fell on glass

all three had been drinking all day.

Are we supposed to guess which one of the four people you mentioned hadn't been drinking all day?

Also, which one of these four people are you?

Who is responsible for the parents' medical bills?

Well...until and unless one of the following happens, they are responsible for their own medical bills: (1) someone else agrees to take responsibility; or (2) a court issues a judgment that says otherwise. As "Tax Counsel" correctly noted, we don't have nearly enough information to make any sort of informed assessment of the situation.

Back