Pennsylvania custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

halcelbjl

My ex has custody of our three children. I have visitations from friday at 6pm until sunday 6pm every other weekend. I was living with a friend at the time the custody arrangement was made so visitation is to be at my mom's and the children are not to leave the county. I live in a different county. I have my own place now and would like my children to be spending the weekends with me at my place. My ex is absolutely against it. His attorney was my landlord and I'm wondering if there is a conflict of interest there?

Also, he is on a huge power trip with this custody issue. It's not about the children it's about him and revenge. In the custody papers he got granted that a friend of mine is not to be around my children because my children's behavior is because of this individual. That's where the revenge part kicks in, because I dated this gentleman after my ex left me and my ex was extremely jealous. His live in girlfriend just lost custody of her child to the state. Her daughter, who is 9, choked my 11 year old daughter and now this child is in foster care.

I really want to have my kids with me at my place because due to work I can't always be there on fridays at 6. Sometimes I can't come in until Saturday and that eats me up. I pay child support and I pay rent, If I dont work, nothing gets paid. I also have to catch a ride to go see my children because I'm recently without a car. When it rains it pours.

You can file for a modification in custody/visitation. You have a RIGHT to equal parenting time. I'm sure the court would look at these changes and help you gain more time with your kids.

I agree 110 percent....you deserve and need to see your kids and they need you, you have to go back to court. I know the battle is no fun but it must be done and it will all work out, just have faith and be strong, esp. for your kids!!
Good Luck and God Bless!!

If you or you lawyer need some cases to back it up, I can provide it for free on this site. I post the cases here, for all to read. Chime in if you need a lil more.

I agree 110 percent....you deserve and need to see your kids and they need you, you have to go back to court. I know the battle is no fun but it must be done and it will all work out, just have faith and be strong, esp. for your kids!!
Good Luck and God Bless!!
Thank you so much! I'm just a little intimidated because he has a lawyer and I do not.

If you or you lawyer need some cases to back it up, I can provide it for free on this site. I post the cases here, for all to read. Chime in if you need a lil more.
Thank you so much, it's just going to be me going in, he has lawyer. I will gladly accept all the help you can provide. I'd very much like the cases. Again, thank you for your time. It really is starting to ease my mind.

Have you ever done any kind of court paper work in the past?

I'm not a lawyer, so I couldn't draw up papers for you. Having won full custody and control of my son a few years back, I have tons of information that could be very helpful to you.

By doing the case yourself, it is estimated(don't quote me on this) that the other side spends $20 to your $1. In other words, if you start to play nasty, it could get very costly for the other side.

You will do fine by the way. These are not that complicated of cases for the most part.

I had lawyers for ten years on my case, nothing ever changed, just cost me money. When I decided to do it myself, from the time I filed until I had the order signed and in my hand, was less than 90 days.(Where I live that is unheard of, as the judge only comes here once a month. It's not uncommon to wait 3-5 months just to get an order here! Mine, in under 90 days.)

Have you ever done any kind of court paper work in the past?

I'm not a lawyer, so I couldn't draw up papers for you. Having won full custody and control of my son a few years back, I have tons of information that could be very helpful to you.

By doing the case yourself, it is estimated(don't quote me on this) that the other side spends $20 to your $1. In other words, if you start to play nasty, it could get very costly for the other side.

You will do fine by the way. These are not that complicated of cases for the most part.

I had lawyers for ten years on my case, nothing ever changed, just cost me money. When I decided to do it myself, from the time I filed until I had the order signed and in my hand, was less than 90 days.(Where I live that is unheard of, as the judge only comes here once a month. It's not uncommon to wait 3-5 months just to get an order here! Mine, in under 90 days.)

No, I haven't done any. I feel like I'm jumping in with both feet and blind, lol. I guess I'm just overly nervous for the fact that his lawyer tries to play me out to be some horrible person and made a bold face lie accusation against me. Because he was my landlord, he said he found drug paraphanelia in my place after I left. Very untrue and I'd submit to daily drug tests to prove it. They have the fact that I became very depressed after my ex walked out and left me with all the back bills and absolutely no help. I ended up trying to take my life. Got the help I needed and actually have paperwork signed by the doc that I had a "depressive episode due to spouse".

It's not that hard in most cases. Get witness's, the paper work is fairly simple, I can get you a link to the Montana papers, just to give you an idea.

The thing with going it alone is you have control. Follow the procedure, and you will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back