payroll checks bouncing

Status
Not open for further replies.

shasta

My jurisdiction is: Pennsylvania

My husband is salaried management, his most recent paycheck bounced. (His check was not the only one) It was submitted to the bank on 1/16, bounced the same day, and was resubmitted. It still has not cleared as of this morning. He is due to receive another paycheck tomorrow and we are worried about cashing that check due to this. We have already been charged a $15 fee from our bank for that bounced check and the bank manager said we will be charged $15 every time the check is resubmitted and bounces. The president of the company said they will compensate us for the $15 fee, but my husband wants the money he is owed, as well.

We don't know when this check will clear our bank or even if it will ever clear. What do we do now? Who do we contact about this matter?

Did the company president tell you the check will clear? If yes, I'd say it would be worth the risk of another $15 to re-deposit the check. If it doesn't clear the second time, I'd be looking for another job...
This may be simply a float problem or the company may be in financial trouble. If the latter, then that's another reason to be looking elsewhere.

Check out what other employees are doing. Good luck.

Take the check to the bank on which it is written --- Do not put it in your account -- per if it bounces this will cause you fees--- IF you take it to the boss's bank they will tell you right then if the funds will clear or not--

I am not an attorney but in my state there are laws about employers giving checks with insufficient funds. You may be entitled to penalties for each day the check is not honored. I checked the website for your state and you may want to call this number Prevailing Wage Advisory Board
800-932-0665. Good luck.

PA does not have waiting time penalties and this is not a Prevailing Wage situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back