Paypal Reversal Scam/Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

xarfox

Hello,
I sold an item on ebay which the buyer said never arrived. I've been selling items for years and never had a problem with a delivery. I believe they are lying just because I didn't use tracking or delivery confirmation.

Paypal resolved the case in their favor, and debited my paypal account, but I already took the funds out. I have no interest in using paypal ever again.

Are there any implications with my credit score, or legally, if I never pay them the money back? They still have my bank account information, so I need to call my bank to make sure they don't try to do a wire transfer without my approval.

Its only for $40, but its just the principle. Buyers shouldn't be able to lie and get items for free.

Thanks!

If you want to end up in court and have to pay the $40 plus collection fees of (+/-)$300 plus court costs and a black spot on your credit report, then stand by your principle; however, I would not be that silly. To avoid the headache, I would just write off the loss and put that buyer on probation if they ever try to buy anything back from you. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

technically they aren't a bank, i thought maybe the rules would be different

i don't see how they have the right to just take money from me

doing business over the internet is just a scam waiting to happen, never again for me

technically they aren't a bank, i thought maybe the rules would be different
They don't need to be a bank to have the money collected by a third party and to send your information to credit bureaus.

i don't see how they have the right to just take money from me
They didn't. As you stated, they went through an investigation process before they made the decision in favor of the buyer.

Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back