Paying CS regularly without seeing the kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

donj600

I pay court ordered child support to my ex on a regular basis for my 3 children and have no problem doing so if the money goes to support my them. I love them to death and would do anything for them. Here's the problem, even though I pay support regularly I only see my 2 youngest daughters. I have not seen my oldest since December 2008. I call and talk to the kids every evening but again my oldest daughter won't even talk to me on the phone. I think it all stems from a phone call from my daughter in December 2008 when she called me and said she wanted to ask me a question and that her mother said it was ok with her if I agree. She asked to get her lip pierced. I told her I don't think it's a good idea and ever since then she won't talk to me. I feel this is her mothers doing.

My question is what can I do legally to be able to see my daughter. I pay support and all I want to do is see her.

The second thing that I need advice on is my ex works from 3pm-9pm Monday-Wednesday, Fridays 9am-3, Saturdays 9-5 and Sundays 12pm-5. She asks that our 14 year old daughter watches her 2 sisters while she works. I have no problem with that and fully understand it. Here's where the problem is. She goes to the "gym" in the mornings leaving the kids alone to fend for themselves meanwhile our 14 year old sleeps and lets our 8 & 7 year old to cook breakfast and lunch for themselves. My ex gets home an hour or two before she has to go to work to get ready. She goes to work then, when she gets home she goes out to the bars/clubs with her friends. I know this for a fact because she has pictures posted online with the time stamp at the bottom corner of the pictures at a social site. I know the kids are alone for atleast 12+ hours a day. I have considered contacting Child Protective Services for neglect but am unsure if this would be a smart move for the sake of the kids. What should I do?

If there is a visitation order with the oldest mom must comply, or you file contempt charges. As far as the kids being left home alone, CPS will not do anything if the 14 yr old is there. The kids are not being abused or neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back