Paycheck bounce

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyslick

Hi I work at a local massage school in plano texas. The last two paychecks that were deposited into my account bounced. They have made another deposit which they swear is good but I just dont trust it. Also, they let me go and I was supposed to collect my last pay in cash today but they were unavailable to pay me, but said it would be deposited into my accout by 6pm. As of 6pm this evening my account shows no deposit

I am now owed 6 weeks worth of pay over $3000. I am afraid any deposits they make will bounce as well. How can I collect my pay? Do I need to hire an attorney? Wont that cost outweigh any pay I should be recieving?

Thanks for your help!

Broke in plano.

You don't need an attorney. You can file a claim for unpaid wages with the Texas Workforce Commission.

Can Texas Workforce Commission help me even though I was employed with them less than 90 days?

Also this morning that last deposit did bounce!

Thanks for your help!

Broke in Plano

Yes, the TWC can still help you. You do not have to have been employed for any particular length of time to file a wage claim with them, and it's free.

OK I sent off the paperwork for the TWC. Are there no criminal charges I can file?

thanks so much for your help!!

jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back