Paycheck After 60 Days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinw21

Hello. I work in TN. I have worked for the same company for two yrs. I was cleaning up and found an uncashed paycheck from this company to me. Under the amount to be payed the check says "NOT VALID AFTER 60 DAYS". The check is older than this. What is my course of action? I still work for this company. I have not talked to them about this yet. Are they obligated to cut me a new check if I present this to them as I still have not been paid for my services? I hope so.

Thanks in advance

Tell HR you have found the check and also tell them where you found it. If it is a valid check that you never received they will give you a new one since the one you found is no longer valid. Good Luck!

And this time, cash the check. You HAVE been paid; you didn't cash the check. That's hardly your employer's fault.

I have to disagree with the previous posting. The check is already void since it is older than 60 days. If you try to cash the check via deposit, the bank will end up fining you for a returned item - if you try to cash the check in person, they won't pay you because on the check itself it says VOID AFTER 60 DAYS. I strongly suggest that you go to HR and have them issue a new check for you. Good Luck!

My point is that the employer provided a check at the proper time. I'm not denying that they are responsible for replacing it, but the fact that the check was not cashed is not their fault. The poster is as much if not more at fault for the fact that she was not properly paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back