Pay

Abdeel

Jurisdiction
Oregon
I drove for Portland Public Schools as a bus driver. I back in to a car damages less than $500 and was put on payed administrative leave. I was told that on April 27 2018 in front of my Union steward would be my termination date.
When an Employer Terminates Employee or Termination Is by Mutual Agreement
When an employer terminates an employee or the termination is by mutual agreement, the final paycheck must be paid no later than the end of the first business day after the termination.ORS 652.140(1). It is now may 3rd 2018...so I call my supervisor and asked abut my pay check....he said HR didn't like the way he wrote the termination letter and made him rewrite it.
My question is am I allotted to still receive administrative pay untill official termination?

Also I started working at Portland Public Schools in December 2015, 6months after my employment ...after taking 2 physicals I was taken off my route with out pay due to I have an LEFT BELOW KNEE AMPUTATION and needed a (SPE) SKILL PERFORMANCE EVALUATION CERTIFICATE. It took 3 months to get it.. and in the process.. with no pay I became HOMELESS. After I got my (SPE) I went back to work and I filed a grievance with ATU 757 in wich I lost because the steward said she forgot to file the geavance. Now here it is April 2018 and I am still homeless with no job can someone help.

Last edited:
You must work with your union officials if you're employed under a CBA.

If by, Can someone help, you mean, is there a lawyer on this message board that will file a lawsuit for me, the answer is no, you cannot get legal representation by posting on a message board. If that is not what you mean, please clarify.

If that is what you mean then no, no one here can help. You can file a wage claim with the state.

Back