Paternity Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy55

I have a cousin who don't really know who her father is. The man she thinks is her father is deceased. He's been dead over 20 years. Also his parents are too. But she does have a sister that she shares sane mom with but the deceased father is hers for sure. Another sister by the deceased father with someone else. How can she establish a paternity test?

She can't force, nor can the court order any adult to take a paternity test.

She can request a person (his sister for example) to take a test to help her find out.

But, most people don't take kindly to strangers asking them to take paternity tests.

Some questions we'll just never get the answers to, so we learn to accept that we'll never know everything.

It's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

I have a cousin who don't really know who her father is. The man she thinks is her father is deceased. He's been dead over 20 years. Also his parents are too. But she does have a sister that she shares sane mom with but the deceased father is hers for sure. Another sister by the deceased father with someone else. How can she establish a paternity test?

I agree with AJ.

The court will simply not get involved at this point.

But what is her goal? Is there a legal father already? There's a reason why I'm asking.

Wisconsin Statue:
An action to establish paternity must be commenced within 19 years of the child's birth. ; And further, can only be brought on the child, mother and alleged/presumed father.

As already posted, if she knows these two (potentially) half sisters, she can ask them if they would do a related DNA/genetic test.

Other then that I don't think she has any options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back