parents' versus grandparents' rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsummers6

what rights-if any-do grandparents have in regards to their grandchildren? my parents are currently suing me for visitation of my two boys (ages 7 & 9). their attorney told me that they, ultimately, want to keep me in the state of north carolina (i am planning to move out of state to start over, so to speak, with my current boyfriend of two years). can they really do this, legally?! don't they have to prove me unfit first? what do i need to do (besides obtain an attorney) in preparation for this? please help. :confused:

what rights-if any-do grandparents have in regards to their grandchildren? my parents are currently suing me for visitation of my two boys (ages 7 & 9). their attorney told me that they, ultimately, want to keep me in the state of north carolina (i am planning to move out of state to start over, so to speak, with my current boyfriend of two years). can they really do this, legally?! don't they have to prove me unfit first? what do i need to do (besides obtain an attorney) in preparation for this? please help. :confused:

I'm going to suggest you post this on

http://www.freeadvice.com/

There is a Family Law attorney that posts there, that is incredibly good and a GPV expert that will guide you through this. Post a thread in Grandparents Rights Forum. Use the same user name.

I hope I haven't annoyed the Admin with the recommendation!!:eek:

thanks, but no...

i actually went there initially, especially because it said "free advice." it re-routes you to a website justanswer.com, where they ask you to place a value on your question and the answer you will receive... "how much do you think your advice is worth?" and then you have to make a deposit, and pay for an answer... it's wicked annoying, too, because it's one of those sites that, when you click to exit, it pops up, "are you suuuure you wanna go?", and like, click yes for no, and no for yes, lol. thanks anyway!!

i actually went there initially, especially because it said "free advice." it re-routes you to a website justanswer.com, where they ask you to place a value on your question and the answer you will receive... "how much do you think your advice is worth?" and then you have to make a deposit, and pay for an answer... it's wicked annoying, too, because it's one of those sites that, when you click to exit, it pops up, "are you suuuure you wanna go?", and like, click yes for no, and no for yes, lol. thanks anyway!!

No. There is no fee at freeadvice. I don't know what site you were on but it isn't freeadvice.

Try this page to join. It IS free.

http://forum.freeadvice.com/login.p...2095-173e5f3e3472470ade3dee065cbb79f3c533de06

okay, i tried again and finally got it! i was being too hasty, it appears, and clicking on the wrong thing that was directing me to that other website... thanks for being patient with me :) your help is greatly appreciated!!

I know that Bay referred you to another site. I hope that I might be one of the experts that she was referring to. I'll have to look up some more info on your state, BUT I can tell you that at no time can the court order you to remain in the state for a grandparent. I'll look up some more info and get back to you either here or there.

thanks very much!! (fyi, the other website is forum.freeadvice.com, and my question is under grandparents rights-user name is the same, rsummers6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back