Parental Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbmbmom

Not sure how often this occurs but I 'am not receiving any help or advice from local attorneys in the small county from which I reside. So in short, here is a brief summary of my current situation.
I have a 15 year old who until last year made good grades an was active in sports, after a short stay with her father( who allows more freedom than I, and now has only court ordered supervised visitations with children d/t drug use), she has became very rebellious against home rules and has ran away a total of 5 times. My main problem at this point is not only having a runaway juvenile but the local juvenile officers are very closely acquainted with her fathers family as is the judge as well. I have asked numerous times for the officers to appoint someone d/t conflict of interest but both have refused stating that their history with the family would not interfere. So in result the first 3 times we went to court she told the judge she was not coming home so he allowed her to stay with her grandparents and do counseling. She refused counseling and the grandparents home was never inspected for appropriate living conditions. She finally was made to come home 3 months later and after being home 5 months she ran away again d/t being grounded. So the last order the judge made was for her to stay with her aunt (fact: father's sister who has a daughter who resides in the home and has 2 felonies. Fact:The Felonies have not been expunged but an application was filed last year.), which is where my child said she wanted to stay.Fact: No one in the home was drug screened before she was placed there. When I have spoken with local attorneys about this, they state that it happens a lot and there isn't much I can do. I have asked who I can report the juvenile officers to for misconduct and no attorney here can tell me.

I'm a nurse/mother/wife with no criminal background or charges pending, nor does my husband. We both work full time jobs and receive no child support from my juveniles father.

Whoever the supervisors of those juvenile officers are is who you would make a 'report'.

I suppose that's the extent of your question?

You coud seek REAL legal advice from hundreds of attorneys in Memphis or Nashville.
You could also seek real legal advice from attorneys in neighboring counties, since you don't trust any attorney in your county, due to your former husband being your county's ALL POWERFUL WIZARD OF OZ.

Not sure how often this occurs but I 'am not receiving any help or advice from local attorneys in the small county from which I reside. So in short, here is a brief summary of my current situation.
I have a 15 year old who until last year made good grades an was active in sports, after a short stay with her father( who allows more freedom than I, and now has only court ordered supervised visitations with children d/t drug use), she has became very rebellious against home rules and has ran away a total of 5 times.

What steps have the parents taken to correct her behavior?

My main problem at this point is not only having a runaway juvenile but the local juvenile officers are very closely acquainted with her fathers family as is the judge as well. I have asked numerous times for the officers to appoint someone d/t conflict of interest but both have refused stating that their history with the family would not interfere. So in result the first 3 times we went to court she told the judge she was not coming home so he allowed her to stay with her grandparents and do counseling. She refused counseling and the grandparents home was never inspected for appropriate living conditions. She finally was made to come home 3 months later and after being home 5 months she ran away again d/t being grounded. So the last order the judge made was for her to stay with her aunt (fact: father's sister who has a daughter who resides in the home and has 2 felonies. Fact:The Felonies have not been expunged but an application was filed last year.), which is where my child said she wanted to stay.Fact: No one in the home was drug screened before she was placed there. When I have spoken with local attorneys about this, they state that it happens a lot and there isn't much I can do. I have asked who I can report the juvenile officers to for misconduct and no attorney here can tell me.

I'm a nurse/mother/wife with no criminal background or charges pending, nor does my husband. We both work full time jobs and receive no child support from my juveniles father.

The court isn't going to care about Dad's niece having 2 felony convictions unless they pertain to some very serious crimes. There's also no conflict of interest happening (though I see your point).

I'm not seeing misconduct at all.

What I am seeing though, is a very desperate situation where the parents just can't control the child and the court has placed her in the care of a relative - since the aunt seems stable, they've done what they can.

To do anything more, you really do an attorney.

I'm sorry.

What steps have the parents taken to correct her behavior?

The court isn't going to care about Dad's niece having 2 felony convictions unless they pertain to some very serious crimes. There's also no conflict of interest happening (though I see your point).

I'm not seeing misconduct at all.

What I am seeing though, is a very desperate situation where the parents just can't control the child and the court has placed her in the care of a relative - since the aunt seems stable, they've done what they can.

To do anything more, you really do an attorney.

I'm sorry.

thank you!! and we have tried therapy, in school counseling and guidance from our youth leaders at church. We continued to stay firm with home rules, but when she doesn't get her way she runs away.

Mom, I think your problem is that she's an incorrigible child.
You can discuss the process with your local county prosecutor's office or district attorney.
Your state, as do other states, have remedies for children that repetitively defy authority.
Such behavior is considered delinquent.
The state offers a cure, several cures for kids who refuse to get it.

Read the information offered on these links:

http://law.justia.com/cases/tennessee/supreme-court/1968/428-s-w-2d-303-2.html

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/juvenile/incorrigibility.htm

http://www.lawfirms.com/resources/c...incorrigibility-laws-refusal-obey-parents.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back