Parental Rights Taken away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brknheart

This is hard for me but I will get straight to the point. Bottom line is I lost my parental rights to my 4yr old daughter. Not to my 11yr or 17yr old just Olivia. Due to previous drug problem/relapse. I already appealed but unfortunately the decision sided with Judge (deleted). One of the judges make comments that were inaccurate. I don't want to stop fighting for my little girl or my sobriety. My appointed appellant lawyer told me I can file something after Dec 15 but before Dec 25. What do I need to look for or what do I need to do so I can hopefully go to the next level. So many things seemed not right about my case. I can't afford an attorney so I have to do this all on my own. All and hopefully I get some guidance to the right direction.
Sibcerely ,
Brknheart

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to keep speaking with your attorney.

A message board cannot help you; but if you've lost parental rights (I'm going to assume the older children have a different "other parent" than Olivia?) you're in deep trouble. Someone has convinced the court that terminating your rights is in the best interests of the child. This is an incredibly serious accusation and if you're without an attorney I don't know what to tell you.

Technically I no longer have an attorney to discuss this case with. I'm assuming since I list my appeal, they would no longer be considered appointed to me. Right? This case is alot to write and alot to digest. I just know that things could not of been done right. I need direction. I can't give up on Olivia. All people involved i.e Attorneys, Social Workers and Judge were pretty much would not cooperate with me at all due to my relapse. Sorry I will stop. I appreciate your reply.
Sincerely,
Brknheart

I know this hurts for you but if you've already lost your appeal there isn't a whole lot you can do - and certainly not without an attorney.

(An appeal generally must be based on an error of law, not because you don't like the original decision)

It looks like you might have run out of options. (lost your appeal) It seems attorneys, social workers, judge believe losing your parental rights was the correct decision. Sorry.

If you want to "try" to pursue further, you would definitely need to talk to an attorney though I don't know if he/she would be able to do anything for you. You can ask about this thing you were told you could file.

Thank you for removing the Judges name. I did not mean any slander by posting it. I do have things wrong with my case. 1) my monitored visits were done by the foster family who want and already stated they want to adopt Olivia. I found out that the social worker who was not very impartial was filling out their reports for them. There was times I did not understand what the Judge was asking me and when I would let that be known my appointed attorney would tell me to just say "yes". I wasn't told to review the reports from social workers and highlight any wrong statements. I was mislead through out my case. Does this sound weird it just so happens to be the same appointed attorney & Judge that helped me adop my nieces like 5 years prior. When I mentioned it to my appointed attorney that it might be a conflict of interest (when I started questioning how she wasn't helping me) she was instantly saying "no no their isn't. The Judge won't let you fire me" the next day she stepped down as my attorney due to conflict. All I know is I made a point to be listen and not question authority and completely bit me in the rear!

I'm sorry but I don't know what else to tell you except what has already been posted.

Well, that's that then. I say you fix your addiction first. You're no good to yourself or others unless you're clean. Getting clean will help you see things more completely, too. So, get clean and sober, get a truer point of view. Once you're clean, you can do whatever seems best. As long as you're addicted, you'd have lost the child anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back