1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Overrun with Child Support

Discussion in 'Child Support' started by milotheblue, May 4, 2019.

1. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

Either parent can drag other to court over any one or more issues including support! However as noted her new mans income is not part of equation as he has NO LEGAL obligation to support any child or children from previous marriage/relationship. If you feel any part of your arrangement wrong or unfair talk to your Lawyer and get court order revised.

Parent Nook Forums - Index page

Parenting and relationship forum (hosted by thelaw.com) non legal issues

2. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

This is my final word on this subject. Yes, I'd love the recipe.

And it's a "HERO", not any of the others.

3. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

Her husband's income has no bearing on child support. None. He has zero obligation to your kids with your ex. The child support is figured out between her income and yours. So if she has no income, that's what the court bases it off.

When I got divorced my ex husband didn't have a job (and barely has had one since then). So my lawyer figured out what a 40 hour work week min wage would be. It's like almost $90 a month he owes for child support. For our daughter. He owes about $330 for all four of his kids he has. That's it.

Child support is what you would have been contributing if you were still in the household. You can go ahead and try to modify child support but it's likely not to happen if she hasn't had a change in her income.

Oh and I paid my ex husband's child support when I was with him so we could see the kids because his first ex used lack of child support against visitation which is contempt. But never did his child support change because of my income.

4. leslie82

How is she making more money? Did SHE have a pay increase? If HER paycheck has changed then you can file to modify based on HER paycheck. But you can't based on his.

That's how it works. If you have a change in your income that you are making less you can ask for it to be reduced. Or a change in hers. But that is it.

5. leslie82

No you didn't have friends who had their child support decreased because a new spouse got a payraise. There's no way that happened.

SHE didn't have an increase in income. Her HUSBAND did. So yes you are missing the point.

Did your ex get a pay raise or did she marry into money?

6. leslie82

What's wrong with her having you sign something that says she told you a month ago she's moving? What's the court order say about moving?

Even though my ex husband has no parenting time, I had to go through the court to move my daughter with me when I got reassigned. I probably could have done it without court but I never know what he may do in the future. So I dropped about 3700 on a lawyer - my ex didn't dispute it since he was in jail at the time. More wasted money on him. And I got approved to move her with me. I knew I would. But that was the law in the state we divorced in. So I did it. Because I had read my decree. So read your decree and custody order.