Medical Malpractice Out of Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

logans

10 years ago I went in for a simple hysterectomy , at the time I was with a practice that I had been with for a very long time, I trusted my doctors totally. The surgery was perfomed and upon recovering, I found that something was wrong, I went back several times to the practice and saw a different doctor each time, they all basically told me that everything was normal and it was all in my head, so because I trusted them I believed them. Basically, the first time I went back after surgery they said I had scar tissue and proceeded to burn it out of me without a numbing agent..then by my third visit they said I maybe should seek help from a sexual therapist, so as you may guess by then I gave up, thinking it must be me if three doctors all examined me and said there was nothing wrong. For the next 7 years I went without a sex life, went through depression and basically learned to live with it all. Since then I have had a gastric bypass, no I wasn't heavily overweight but developed a heart problem, knee problems and needed to remove the weight that was put on over the years, so on I went, the surgery was a great sucess and now I'm headed to finish what I started and have the next phase, skin removal, so you have to have all other things up to date, I scheduled a visit with the obgyn and found that the doctors I had have just recently retired and another doctor took the practice, so I went to see a new doctor, upon waiting for my exam, the doctor came in and was horrified at what she found, she kept apologizing for what someone had done to me !!! As you can guess I was devistated and overwhelmed at what she had to say, it seems that they had done damage to me that can not be reversed and had lied to me about it all that time ago, this new doctor kept saying she was so sorry while I sat and cried my eyes out, finding out it wasn't me and it wasn't all in my head was a relief after all this time but the fact the damaged me for the rest of my life and just covered it up was even more devistating to me, she told me that since they hid it from me and it's not even writtien in my medical charts they basically had kept me from suing all that time ago, so my question is, now that I finally have been told the truth and this is something they can't fix and I will spend the rest of my life altered due to this doctor and their practice and it's affected my marriage and my life for 10 years, now I'm told that there's nothing I can do about it??? It seems to me since I was lied to and trusted my doctor I had for years and was told everything was alright by three of them, how is it that now when another doctor tells me what they did to me and that it can't be changed or helped am I not able to do something, I would think that since I wasn't told the truth until now, there should be something I can do ? any information would be helpful at this point, thank you.

I would be more than happy to go into details but not in this forum as it is highly personal to me..

You need to go talk to a lawyer who specializes in medical malpractice. To my knowledge, the clock for you to take action started ticking the moment you found out what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back