Out of State Visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marycz

I need to know what you think! I live in NY with my 5 month old daughter. Her father recently went back to FL and we have both filed for custody. He wants our daughter to fly to FL once a month for a week (by his mother which is another story!). I do not think that is reasonable, especially since he does not have a job and he lives with his mother. I think that shipping an infant back and forth like that is very unstable. Does anyone know how the courts normally handle this? Thank you!

It doesn't matter that he lives with his mother or doesnt have a job he is still dad. Is Dad willing to pay for all transportation? He shuld since he is the one that moved. One week a month for a child that is young and not in school is actually not unreasonable, in my opinion.

He wants our daughter to fly to FL once a month for a week (by his mother which is another story!).... I think that shipping an infant back and forth like that is very unstable.

I'm not clear on what this meant, but I hope he realizes that someone will have to accompany the child on the flight! That's 2 round trip tickets every month for him!

I am trying to say that he wants his mother, who travels back and forth from NY to FL every month, to bring our daughter down there once a month. That way no additional tickets would have to be purchased.

I dpnt see anythng wrong with grandma taking the child.

Look up your state statutes for visitation with an infant. Some states are restrictive when it comes to young babies. It's recommended that they have short, frequent visits with the non-custodial parent - long stretches seem to be hard on them. How often was dad seeing her before he moved to Florida?

IMO, if the child were a bit older, I could see grandma taking her with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back