order of protection

willyb43

hi a detective called me from a unknown # and left me a voicemail yesterday telling me to call back. The reason for his call was because my ex filed a complaint or wanted order of protection against me. He mentioned she said I was harassing her with text messages and voice mails. I called him back and he said he wanted me to come to the pricent and meet him to answer some questions he had for me. He was forceful in wanting to meet me, telling me if I can skip work to meet him. I panicked and I told him I will meet him at night time but did not visit him. What are my options? and why does he want to meet me? what do i do now? All answers will be highly appreciated. I do not have much money to spend on lawyers. How do I get a free lawyer in NYC?

You don't meet with the cop. You don't answer any questions. You don't try to explain or justify anything.
You have a right to remain silent, use it.

You can't talk the police out of arresting you, so don't try. If you try, you'll simply be assisting in your arrest.

If you are arrested, you remain clm, don't try to run, don't resist, and don't talk; except to give your name, date of birth, address, etc... Again, don't admit or deny, don't discuss anything about anything.

Plead not guilty before the judge, then ask the Kurt to appoint a public defender to represent you.
The court will describe the next steps.

If you we're sending texts to spouse, stop ALL contact, no calls, no texts, no nothing, leave her be, if you want to remain free.

If you have a phone that may have been used to text A CERTAIN PERSON, you might want to happen to lose that phone.

Last edited:
hi a detective called me from a unknown # and left me a voicemail yesterday telling me to call back. The reason for his call was because my ex filed a complaint or wanted order of protection against me. He mentioned she said I was harassing her with text messages and voice mails. I called him back and he said he wanted me to come to the pricent and meet him to answer some questions he had for me. He was forceful in wanting to meet me, telling me if I can skip work to meet him. I panicked and I told him I will meet him at night time but did not visit him. What are my options? and why does he want to meet me? what do i do now? All answers will be highly appreciated.

Hi I did stop all contact with her. If I do not meet the detective, then they will come and arrest me at my house? I am really confused why he wants to meet me. If she files a complaint or a order of protection as the detective mentioned, all I should be getting is a letter. What are the reasons a detective actually calls the defendant. I did not violate the order or protection or a complaint for them to arrest me. How much time do I have? What do I say or do if he calls me or comes by my house? thank You so much Army Judge.

Hi I did stop all contact with her. If I do not meet the detective, then they will come and arrest me at my house? I am really confused why he wants to meet me. If she files a complaint or a order of protection as the detective mentioned, all I should be getting is a letter. What are the reasons a detective actually calls the defendant. I did not violate the order or protection or a complaint for them to arrest me. How much time do I have? What do I say or do if he calls me or comes by my house? thank You so much Army Judge.

How would I know WHY he wants to talk to you? Most of the time they want to get you to confess to something. They will trick you, deceive you, lie to you, twist your words to get you say what they want to hear, so why worry why he wants to talk to you?

Don't say anything. Don't let him inside your house. Heck, don't answer the door. Don't answer your phone, unless you know who is calling you.

If they want to arrest you, nothing you can say will stop that. You have the right to remain silent. Nothing they say should make you forget that you are protected by the constitution and not required to talk to anyone.

You say nothing. You do nothing, bless you won't to hire a lawyer. Stop thinking that you can do anything but make more trouble for yourself.

Don't worry or wonder what the woman will do. If she files for a protective order, you'll be notified. Stop worrying about her and what she might do. Stop trying to explain. That's useless. No one will believe you. That's why you don't blab.

If he comes o your work or house, politely decline to speak to him. Tell him you INVOKE, your right to a lawyer and to remain silent. Say nothing more, and don't open the door to let him inside your home.

Very simple.

Back