? on DB in jail and involuntary abandonment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miana

So my daughters DB has been in Prison for about 3 years now for two counts of child abuse on my daughters half sister. Felony charges. He won't be able to get out for another 7 years. But when he gets out he is not able to see the daughter that he abused but he still is able to see my daughter with supervision. I have full custody of her.

My thing is I want to know how or if there is papers that I can fill out online on involuntary abandonment. My daughter was 4 when he went in and she will be 13 when he gets out. He has not tried to contact us in over 9 months and I don't want him in her life she does not know who he is. His family does not even try to contact us and they know where we live and so does he. Any suggestions I live in Utah.

I couldn't find anything online, so you may have to visit your local courthouse for the forms. I think you should also consult an attorney about terminating his rights (I assume that's where you're going). I don't believe it's such a straightforward process when your reason is involuntary abandonment.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back