Odds of losing a permanent restraining order I placed on ex gf in California?

iemata19

Jurisdiction
California
I hired an attorney to file a temporary restraining order against an ex who is stalking, harassing and threatening me for over 5 months after the breakup. Due to the outargues threats and evidence last week, a Temporary restrainer order (domestic violence) was granted and served. My ex, however, asked for a continuance, meaning she wants to fight this and hire an attorney. But not sure what she wants to fight. To still harass me every day and make my life a living hell? We only met 4x times and it was all sexual. All mutual.

I have evidence of over hundreds of text messages, call records and recordings.

What possible angle will defense attorney use in this case. Don't they care about their success rate?

My attorney is reassuring me not to worry and understands that she does have mental issues. But I still cannot get the reassurance. Court date is later this month.

No one here can predict what will happen or answer your questions.

I'm constantly amazed at people who HAVE ATTORNEYS and yet choose to ignore that fact and go asking a bunch of strangers on the Internet questions that they cannot possibly answer.

ASK YOUR ATTORNEY.

If you don't like him then get another one.

Asking for a continuance does not mean she is hiring an attorney. It could simply mean she is unable to attend, or that she is trying to manipulative or harass you by changing the date. If you fail to show on the new date the order will be denied.
You don't need an attorney to do this but might feel more confident with one. You will get your order if you show up and explain a pattern of unwanted contact or violence.

I hired an attorney to file a temporary restraining order against an ex who is stalking, harassing and threatening me for over 5 months after the breakup. Due to the outargues threats and evidence last week, a Temporary restrainer order (domestic violence) was granted and served. My ex, however, asked for a continuance, meaning she wants to fight this and hire an attorney. But not sure what she wants to fight.

When a TRO is issued, a follow up hearing is scheduled shortly thereafter in order to allow the respondent to present evidence against the restraining order/injunction and to determine if the temporary order should continue in place or be made permanent. The reason it is done this way is because TROs are issued based on minimal notice to the respondent and, often, with only the petitioner presenting evidence.

What possible angle will defense attorney use in this case.

We have no information about your case other than what you have told us. Nor do we have the ability to read the minds of your ex and the unknown attorney whom she has hired or might hire in the future.

Don't they care about their success rate?

Other than some of the DUI and personal injury attorneys who advertise on TV and the radio, I've never known an attorney to give a <bleep> about his/her "success rate."

My attorney is reassuring me not to worry and understands that she does have mental issues. But I still cannot get the reassurance. Court date is later this month.

I don't really understand what you're talking about. If your evidence is as good as you say, then you have nothing to worry about. Needless to say, none of the anonymous strangers on these boards is in any position to give you better information than your own attorney.

No one here can predict what will happen or answer your questions.

I'm constantly amazed at people who HAVE ATTORNEYS and yet choose to ignore that fact and go asking a bunch of strangers on the Internet questions that they cannot possibly answer.

ASK YOUR ATTORNEY.

I've often wondered the same thing.

A standard answer is he charges me for asking questions.

Duhhhhh?

So your solution is to seek FREE answers.

Amazing, confusing, perplexing.....

Back