Obtaining Order for upper hand in court

Used4support

Jurisdiction
Iowa
So a call to set up time and place to see my children would turn into arguement which led to texting and her calling but me answering to officer saying she didn't want to talk. That went on for 7 months until oct 2014. She wanted to get back together which lasted 5 months, only because D.h.s. and child support needed that time to get paternity and support ready for court house. So split up again called on a monday 10 miles away from one another and two days later child support files and she files protective order next day, which is denied at filing, but done in error next day and I'm served. The reason she put down doesn't meet iowa code for order and I'm confused why the judge didn't ask why it took 4 day's to file or why if she marked has been threatened and she fears for her physical safety why didn't she call the police. So the way order wrote for visitation I had no way of seeing kids for 15 day's and Week of hearing I went from day's to nights at work and missed hearing but I honestly thought it would be dropped but oh no I have no cc/custody/Visitation for 1 year. She has criminal history and I had clean record and since a protective order in iowa has a big effect on custody it's obvious why she got it!! Is there any way to get that off record and file againest the state,court staff and her for letting this happen???

I suggest you CONFIRM your suspicions by meeting with a couple attorneys.

Don't worry about cost, as the first consultation is often provided at no charge.

Back