Nurse

Zoolig

I have received a final written warning and a 3 day suspension from my employer. My employer presented me with a list of multiple infractions that were supposedly made previously or "a while ago". This disciplinary action is the first I have ever heard of there being a problem with my employment in the year I have been there. I also know that other nurses have committed the same infractions with no repercussions. There have to date been three nurses including myself who have been given final written warnings with no previous infractions that have ever been addressed by management. i have contacted the corporate office and am waiting for a response. If I do not receive the resolution I would like, would it be a good idea to contact an attorney regarding fair employment practices?

I have received a final written warning and a 3 day suspension from my employer. My employer presented me with a list of multiple infractions that were supposedly made previously or "a while ago". This disciplinary action is the first I have ever heard of there being a problem with my employment in the year I have been there. I also know that other nurses have committed the same infractions with no repercussions. There have to date been three nurses including myself who have been given final written warnings with no previous infractions that have ever been addressed by management. i have contacted the corporate office and am waiting for a response. If I do not receive the resolution I would like, would it be a good idea to contact an attorney regarding fair employment practices?

Your employer, in fact NO employer, is required to write you up, warn you, or even listen to yoru explanations or denials.
No employer is even required to say anything to you if they want to fire you, except what THE DONALD is famous for using on his TV show, "Insert name here, you're fired!"

You, of course, are free to hire the most expensive attorney in the USA to represent you, assuming she or he wants to represent you.
It won't do you any good, because the employer retains the supreme right to retain the worst employee, and fire the best, without explanation.

That result might be altered a tad if you had an employment contract, or were part of a union with a CBA.
Even with a contract, you can terminated and simply paid off, or sent home under contract to do nothing but get paid until the contract expires.

Google "at will employment" for a more extended explanation.

Nothing you have posted suggests that you have any grounds to take any legal action against your employer. The law does not dictate to them how, when, or whether they may discipline employees.

I don't see any discrimination based just on what you posted. You just can't be discriminated against due to a reason prohibited by law (religion, race, gender......etc.).

Back