not married,she had nothing but took everything and my house too

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizob

please ,ive been with someone for 6 years and with not even a clue to any problems in the relationship she has left me for dead . heres the problem, we decide to buy a house,i was not there at the time of the closing of this house so my name had not been added to any paperwork such as the deed etc. yes i should have made time i know this but... anyway i just never did . 100% of the down payment and bills were made by me along with almost an entire remodeling on the interior of the house . well i was the worker, she was the organizer , i paid for it all and she filed the receipts . now that she has decided to go she kicked me out of my house,put restraining orders on me, got a lawyer wich is a family freind of hers,and is selling my home for the money. everyone knows this was my home that i paid for with no help at all from her financially. it was my my life savings to put up the 18,000 for the down and my life to put in the rmodel and bills over 3years.i have no proof except from freinds who were there through the relationship because she took every single receipt and provided me with nothing but a bad name. is there anything to stop her from taking my entire life ? i know i was dumb for not getting paperwork but never would have seen this coming due to our seemingly good relationship,no arguing no fights ,she got everything she wanted but i guess that was not enough,. she started cheating because she said i worked to much.well i was working for the house that she has legally stolen from me ..please help to stop her from this with any advice.there is no common law in nebraska so like i said she is litrally ,legally,as far as i know, stealing my life ,even before i met her i was saving for a house one day .that was my savings,now my house,and all of my personal belongigs as well..is there anything at all i can due.? i am pretty broke now and really have not much left to depend on. i keep getting nowhere.

You need an attorney, that is all we can tell you. If your name is not on the house, and if your state does not recognize common law marriage (most don't, only about 10 do), you may be out of luck to any claim.

Get A Lawyer, But You Have A Steep Uphill Battle

She will likely claim the house was a gift from you to her. You need a lawyer, I assume you deducted the cost of interest from your income taxes. If so, then you do have some paperwork to demonstrate that you believed the house was yours. You may need to sue her on the basis of fraud. However, I am NOT a lawyer, you need an actual lawyer and immediately. Forget about the expense, you need a lawyer NOW!

please ,ive been with someone for 6 years and with not even a clue to any problems in the relationship she has left me for dead . heres the problem, we decide to buy a house,i was not there at the time of the closing of this house so my name had not been added to any paperwork such as the deed etc. yes i should have made time i know this but... anyway i just never did . 100% of the down payment and bills were made by me along with almost an entire remodeling on the interior of the house . well i was the worker, she was the organizer , i paid for it all and she filed the receipts . now that she has decided to go she kicked me out of my house,put restraining orders on me, got a lawyer wich is a family freind of hers,and is selling my home for the money. everyone knows this was my home that i paid for with no help at all from her financially. it was my my life savings to put up the 18,000 for the down and my life to put in the rmodel and bills over 3years.i have no proof except from freinds who were there through the relationship because she took every single receipt and provided me with nothing but a bad name. is there anything to stop her from taking my entire life ? i know i was dumb for not getting paperwork but never would have seen this coming due to our seemingly good relationship,no arguing no fights ,she got everything she wanted but i guess that was not enough,. she started cheating because she said i worked to much.well i was working for the house that she has legally stolen from me ..please help to stop her from this with any advice.there is no common law in nebraska so like i said she is litrally ,legally,as far as i know, stealing my life ,even before i met her i was saving for a house one day .that was my savings,now my house,and all of my personal belongigs as well..is there anything at all i can due.? i am pretty broke now and really have not much left to depend on. i keep getting nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back