Not fullfilling agreed divorce terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSFreeman

About 10 years ago I was granted a divorce from my ex-husband. One of the issues that was agreed upon was that he would remove my name from the home mortgage that we had in both of our names, either by refinancing or selling the property. Well, 10 years has passed and I am trying to get some financing done for the business I own, but the mortgage is showing up on my credit report and I have been denied. What steps do I need to take to get this issue resolved? I do not get a lot of cooperation from my ex husband.

Your ex-husband is in contempt of court. Consult with your divorce attorney on how to file a motion.

Wow, I'm in to same boat. Mine has only been about a year he's been dragging on, but I'm filing a motion now. They'll drag you as far as you will let them.

I am in a similar situation with my ex husband... I left him over 2 years ago, I moved out and I'm still on the mortgage as he has not held up his end of the divorce decree and has yet to refinance... Something he was suppose to do with in 1 year.

16 months later and 14 missed payments later he has vacated the house and it's about to go into foreclosure... Sure I could file a motion and haul him back into court, but really what would that solve?

I'm more concerned that this will haunt me as I move out of the country and start my life over.

Best Wishes to all of you :angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back