Non invasive prenatal paternity testing

Btexas77

Jurisdiction
Texas
To make a long story short I was living with a woman who cheated on me but claims I'm the father. She has agreed to a paternity test multiple times but it falls through after she gets what she wants.

I am taking her to court to ask for a non invasive paternity test where it would only require a blood sample. She is currently 18 weeks. Due to both of us working to together I feel it is in both parties best interest.

She has openly discussed her plans to alienate the child during pregnancy and after birth.

The test in non invasive and only requires a blood sample. I intend on paying for the test but have there ever been any cases where this was possible?

To make a long story short I was living with a woman who cheated on me but claims I'm the father. She has agreed to a paternity test multiple times but it falls through after she gets what she wants.

I am taking her to court to ask for a non invasive paternity test where it would only require a blood sample. She is currently 18 weeks. Due to both of us working to together I feel it is in both parties best interest.

She has openly discussed her plans to alienate the child during pregnancy and after birth.

The test in non invasive and only requires a blood sample. I intend on paying for the test but have there ever been any cases where this was possible?

DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT a physician, or genetic scientist, and don't play one on the internet.

I'm a licensed attorney, among other things (some good, some bad), but know NOTHING about "noninvasive-prenatal-testing". So, I GOOGLED it. LOL

All that was revealed to me about "noninvasive-prenatal-testing"

Noninvasive prenatal testing - Mayo Clinic

From what I was able to glean, "noninvasive-prenatal-testing" has nothing to do with determining parentage. As defined by the Mayo Clinic "noninvasive-prenatal-testing":
(NIPT), also known as noninvasive prenatal diagnosis (NIPD), is a screening method for detecting certain specific chromosomal abnormalities in a developing baby.

The ONLY method I know of to determine paternity PRIOR to the birth of a child is an invasive, expensive, and dangerous process (to the mother and child) is amniocentesis.

There is no way she can alienate a fetus from you. She can't even alienate a baby from you for many months until it becomes a toddler. Besides, babies are more inclined to bond with their mother, eventually bonding with the father simply because of who often is the primary caregiver due to nursing.

I suggest if you suspect the baby NOT to be yours you wait until the child is born, then you can go to court (or she can) and request a very simple, truly non-invasive paternity test that requires a simple swab from the mucous material of the mouth.

In the interim, remain calm avoid her if you no longer wish any romantic entanglements; and await the birth of the child. In reality, you have no other options.

Generally courts will not allow (order) or accept the results of prenatal paternity testing. Here is a link to read for informational/educational purposes - not giving legal advice. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/prenatal-paternity-test.html
To make a long story short I was living with a woman who cheated on me but claims I'm the father. She has agreed to a paternity test multiple times but it falls through after she gets what she wants. I am taking her to court to ask for a non invasive paternity test where it would only require a blood sample. She is currently 18 weeks. Due to both of us working to together I feel it is in both parties best interest. She has openly discussed her plans to alienate the child during pregnancy and after birth. The test in non invasive and only requires a blood sample. I intend on paying for the test but have there ever been any cases where this was possible?

Forget the test your talking about for all of the above reasons. Decide for yourself if you want to maintain this relationship. If yes then proceed from there. If not then distance yourself from this woman and once child is born seek traditional paternity test. If you are Father then you can fight, discuss or whatever over custody, visitation and, support.

DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT a physician, or genetic scientist, and don't play one on the internet.

I'm a licensed attorney, among other things (some good, some bad), but know NOTHING about "noninvasive-prenatal-testing". So, I GOOGLED it. LOL

All that was revealed to me about "noninvasive-prenatal-testing"

Noninvasive prenatal testing - Mayo Clinic

From what I was able to glean, "noninvasive-prenatal-testing" has nothing to do with determining parentage. As defined by the Mayo Clinic "noninvasive-prenatal-testing":
(NIPT), also known as noninvasive prenatal diagnosis (NIPD), is a screening method for detecting certain specific chromosomal abnormalities in a developing baby.

The ONLY method I know of to determine paternity PRIOR to the birth of a child is an invasive, expensive, and dangerous process (to the mother and child) is amniocentesis.

There is no way she can alienate a fetus from you. She can't even alienate a baby from you for many months until it becomes a toddler. Besides, babies are more inclined to bond with their mother, eventually bonding with the father simply because of who often is the primary caregiver due to nursing.

I suggest if you suspect the baby NOT to be yours you wait until the child is born, then you can go to court (or she can) and request a very simple, truly non-invasive paternity test that requires a simple swab from the mucous material of the mouth.

In the interim, remain calm avoid her if you no longer wish any romantic entanglements; and await the birth of the child. In reality, you have no other options.

Baby's DNA in Mom's Blood: Noninvasive Prenatal Testing « Science-Based Medicine

There is some information regarding the test.

My issue is I am at a crossroads I have a possibility to relocate for my job and I need to figure out if I need to sell my hoke in the next 2 months. If the child is mine I will obviously stay if it's not I'm gone. We also work together which makes it difficult.

I would not make that decision based on a paternity test of a fetus, not to mention, a job relocation is not a compelling reason to order one. You have to decide what you want to do here. We can't tell you. Moving does not mean you can not parent if you are the biological father, nor does it mean she will stay put.

It's doubtful a court would require (order) that she have a prenatal paternity test. As noted previously, wait until the child is born.

Baby's DNA in Mom's Blood: Noninvasive Prenatal Testing « Science-Based Medicine

There is some information regarding the test.

My issue is I am at a crossroads I have a possibility to relocate for my job and I need to figure out if I need to sell my hoke in the next 2 months. If the child is mine I will obviously stay if it's not I'm gone. We also work together which makes it difficult.

Did you read your link? Please reread it. That test is as the Mayo Clinic described. It doesn't establish paternity. It can't. It looks for certain markers in the mother's blood and fetal blood to determine certain diseases. It's not a paternity test.

Back