Non disclosure of the toxicity of gel injected into my knees

K

Kjohn168

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I have suffered from knee pain since I was a teenager. After 30 years of working on my feet as a bartender, which involves a lot of fast paced pivoting and walking, I began with steroid injections in the knees to see if this would help alleviate some of the intense pain that has accumulated during the 30 years and at this point, without the use of a high mg narcotic pain reliever, has rendered itself unmanageable. The steroid injections did not help my pain subside by any measurable fraction. Having been told about the synvisc injection at the time of the steroid injections, I scheduled an appointment to have the procedure approximately 4 months later.
Synvisc contains toxic chemicals that have less than a two percent chance of adverse side effects on the patient. I happen to be one of the patients in the category of less than two percent. I was never informed of this risk that is currently affecting various parts of my body; most notably, my knees swelling to a size of a large grapefruit. I happen to be a very petite woman with normally very knobby knees. I have extreme difficulty walking around and the pain is quite intolerable. I have had intense migraines since the injections, rushed to the hospital because of sudden shortness of breath, coughing heavily, feel periodically as if I had a fever with the agonizing body aches, and continue to have an overall unwell feeling. Quite frankly, I'm miserable and confined to bed for the majority of the day. Oh yes, also, as I was just reminded, I'm having random uncontrollable reflex reactions. Not painful for the most part, just incredibly bizarre.

If you believe you've been a victim of medical malpractice you need to consult with three or four locally licensed attorneys.

The Internet will be of no value to you, insofar as seeking a legal remedy.

Good luck.

Any chemical is toxic in the right dose and if a person has a sensitivity to that chemical. It would be highly unusual for a physician to not explain side effects or at least give you a brochure on the injection. When the injections were recommended did you ask about possible side effects? Would notifying you of the possible side effects or ingredients in the injection have changed your course of treatment? Bad reactions can happen with pretty much any medication. It takes much more to actually have a case against the doctor who administered it or the manufacturer.

Back