no show to visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakuramatsumoto1

Jurisdiction
California
hello right ow i have sole leagal custody of my daughter.
i wanted to know what i could do if her father is not showing up to pick- up for his visitations
he has her tuesdays for 4 hours from 5:00-9:00 and saturday from 10:00 - sunday 12:00
in the court orders he has to e-mail me and text me for his visitations but even after confirmation he does not show up to pick up is daughter. i usually wait about 10- 20 minute to see if he shows but he does not arrive. he has no showed for about 2-1/2 months now
and he has brought my daughter injured her ear was pure red with blood on the back of it she was bearly turing once i did file for an ex-partay but the jude over looked it 2yr so she could not speak.
and now it seam something might be wrong with her hearing in that ear.

he has part leagal custody but puts no mind in to wondering about her medical visits ect...
is there a way to get full coustody of my daughter
since hes not even bothring to show up for visitions?

i wanted to know what i could do if her father is not showing up to pick- up for his visitations

The visits are his to use as he pleases.
The fact that he chooses NOT to exercise the visits has no legal significance.
Don't confuse his failure to exercise his option to use his visits with the fact that you are the primary guardian.

He has no custody, just the ability to visit with her at designated times.

he has brought my daughter injured her ear was pure red with blood on the back of it she was bearly turing once

In the future you would be wise to take pictures of the child's entire body about 10 minutes before the visit is to begin, and immediately BEFORE accepting the child upon her return, take pictures of her entire body.

Your FAILURE to report the injury to the police was foolish, perhaps negligent, maybe even criminal.

Wake up, wise up, and report all mysterious injuries to your child to the police, NOT child services, the POLICE.

The police will contact child services if required, but any major injury to your child requires you to get her medical treatment and report the matter to the police.

is there a way to get full coustody of my daughter

You already have primary custody of the child.

The court isn't likely to take away his visits because he fails to exercise them, or fails to pay court ordered child support.

That said, if he popped the child on her ear with sufficient force to cause her to bleed, the law will get involved, and he could potentially be banned from seeing her, or only allowed to see her under the supervision of a social worker in the facilities of the social work agency.

how does legal coustody work when shared? do i have to telling what is going on or only if he ask ? i pay for all her medical and dental and vision insurance or do i just leave it as is and jjst keep records of everything?

if he does not no show do i report it to the child support office ?

and i did call the police to report it and they also called the social workers since father refused to talk they said theres not much they can do. after that inccident the police said and the social worker said also since my daugther cant my really speak they cant do much thats why even after going back to court when i put in for an exparte all the judge said after seeing the photos hospital finding that she probly slept on it wrong. thats all he could say to me
and dismissed .
i took her to a follow up as instructed by the hospital with her medical pediatric doctor.
and just keept it clean and placed ointment as instructed by the doctors.
and i did speak with the police and they could not do nothing.
it took about a week and a half to completle heal.

and i do take photos before and after her visitations if she gets picked up.

Last edited:
how does legal coustody work when shared? do i have to telling what is going on or only if he ask ? i pay for all her medical and dental and vision insurance or do i just leave it as is and jjst keep records of everything?

if he does not no show do i report it to the child support office ?

and i did call the police to report it and they also called the social workers since father refused to talk they said theres not much they can do. after that inccident the police said and the social worker said also since my daugther cant my really speak they cant do much thats why even after going back to court when i put in for an exparte all the judge said after seeing the photos hospital finding that she probly slept on it wrong. thats all he could say to me
and dismissed .
i took her to a follow up as instructed by the hospital with her medical pediatric doctor.
and just keept it clean and placed ointment as instructed by the doctors.
and i did speak with the police and they could not do nothing.
it took about a week and a half to completle heal.

and i do take photos before and after her visitations if she gets picked up.

You need to hire a lawyer, or see if legal aid will help you.

Your issues are far too complex to be solved on a discussion site.

You require the help of a lawyer.

Thread closed, as there is nothing more we can do to assist you, but to seek the help of a living, licensed attorney.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back