No justice

M

Mendoza

Jurisdiction
Florida
Went to court Wednesday, the last day of a three day personal injury trial(for my daughter). The Judge favor the defendant and excluded a lot of important information and let the defendant lawyer enter a lot of material that was not needed. I lost the fight but the war is not over. A lot became obvious, the defendants Lawyer intimidated our younger Lawyer, he did not want the presence of my husband or I in the room. He slandered my daughter and we notice that a lot of the paper evidence that he presented was either acquired incorrectly or changing dates on forms. I was totally appalled, that the judge also did not enter into evidence that the defendant was on the phone when she rear ended my daughters car. To make this short at the end of the trail we lost the case, the judge was extremely happy and total the defendant why they decided not to state her profession, she stated that the lawyer told her it would not be needed. By now you can summarize that on the day of the accident she had applied for a job as a Tallahassee Police, which she told my daughter that she was worried that she might not get if the found out she was on the phone when she rear ended my daughter. Being a police officers wife, I know how they take care of their own, she was never sited a citation, she knew the court and the Judge that had been changed from the original Judge that was to handle the trail.
But, as I said "I lost the fight but not the War", It just happen that we carried the same insurance company. The insurance did not recognize this, I have very high coverage and they neglected to cover me under my rights. They used her side.
Please, good lawyers out there advise. Already submitted a complaint to the Office of the insurance Commissioner, and contacted my agent.

It seems the time for advice has passed if the judgment has been made.
If you are allowed an appeal you can look in to that, but you will have to come up with a better reason than what you have stated here- essentially a mistake of law.
Talk with your attorney about it, or hire a new one wmif you are unhappy with the one you have.

Went to court Wednesday, the last day of a three day personal injury trial(for my daughter). The Judge favor the defendant and excluded a lot of important information and let the defendant lawyer enter a lot of material that was not needed. I lost the fight but the war is not over. A lot became obvious, the defendants Lawyer intimidated our younger Lawyer, he did not want the presence of my husband or I in the room. He slandered my daughter and we notice that a lot of the paper evidence that he presented was either acquired incorrectly or changing dates on forms. I was totally appalled, that the judge also did not enter into evidence that the defendant was on the phone when she rear ended my daughters car. To make this short at the end of the trail we lost the case, the judge was extremely happy and total the defendant why they decided not to state her profession, she stated that the lawyer told her it would not be needed. By now you can summarize that on the day of the accident she had applied for a job as a Tallahassee Police, which she told my daughter that she was worried that she might not get if the found out she was on the phone when she rear ended my daughter. Being a police officers wife, I know how they take care of their own, she was never sited a citation, she knew the court and the Judge that had been changed from the original Judge that was to handle the trail.
But, as I said "I lost the fight but not the War", It just happen that we carried the same insurance company. The insurance did not recognize this, I have very high coverage and they neglected to cover me under my rights. They used her side.
Please, good lawyers out there advise. Already submitted a complaint to the Office of the insurance Commissioner, and contacted my agent.

You could have saved yourself a hassle and mucho dinero by allowing your insurance carrier to address this incident.
That is way you pay them for that and other services.

I've ruled against police officers, FBI agents, or even local big shots.

I suggest you stop wasting money and allow your insurer to clear this mess up.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter losing her personal injury lawsuit. There are too many facts we don't know and answers we don't have. For example, if the defendant rear ended your daughter while on the phone, I would have to think that your attorney subpoenaed the defendant's phone records. That happens often in car accident cases. What you need to do is list the reasons you feel an appeal is in order - reasons why you are sure that the judge made material errors. I'm sympathetic but right now much of what you say is personal opinion without facts explaining why you feel it was more than just the blue wall and law enforcement protecting its own. Did you speak to your attorney about your concerns?

Back