Assault & Battery " no-contact-order &

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the best way to convince a judge to " modifiy " a no contact restraing order ?

Why would YOU want the order modified?

Are the one RESTRAINED by the order?

Are you the one that requested the order, and now want to have the order lifted?

Until the order has expired, or has been changed, I suggest you obey it.

Otherwise, you can petition the court to rehear the matter.

Know this, once the order has been issued, a judge will be very reluctant to lift it.

Why?

Because, people have been hurt or killed after such orders have been lifted.

Judges don't like the impact of such decisions.

Against me,wife wants it modified,she will become homeless without me there to pay half the rent,she is diabetic & i take care of her,we have 3 kids,not to mention we have been together since 1985 & we both want to enroll in marriage counseling classes together

Against me,wife wants it modified,she will become homeless without me there to pay half the rent,she is diabetic & i take care of her,we have 3 kids,not to mention we have been together since 1985 & we both want to enroll in marriage counseling classes together

Oh, you mean it'll be cheaper for YOU to return to her home, right? That way allows you to pay half of the family's rent, rather than support your children because you chose to POUND the snot out of your wife and their mother!

Sorry, I don't think you'll win this one. But, what the heck do I know? I'm just some dummy on the Internet that never pounded the snot out of his wife. I've got so much to learn.

Against me,wife wants it modified, she will become homeless without me there to pay half the rent,she is diabetic & i take care of her,we have 3 kids,not to mention we have been together since 1985 & we both want to enroll in marriage counseling classes together
It is interesting that you KNOW that she wants the order modified and go to counseling even though the two of you are to have no contact. From the sound of things, you have already violated the no contact order! Understand that YOU are in violation of the order even if SHE initiates contact!

Is this a TRO that was applied for by your wife and granted by the court? Or, is it a CPO issued by the court as a result of criminal charges that were filed against you?

SHE can go before the court and ask for it to be modified to allow peaceful contact or lifted altogether, but if it is CPO it is unlikely to be lifted entirely. And, if made into a peaceful contact, understand that the moment the two of you have even the slightest disagreement over the remote control, what to wear, or who has to stay in with the kids, SHE has all the control because YOU will arguably be in violation of the peaceful contact provision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back