No 1099 for contract labor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmcclure0762

In 2007 I worked as an independent contractor. I should have earned over $600 in 2007, but have not received a 1099. I only received two checks during the year totaling about $200, the rest was withheld for [bogus] charges, which I am disputing. I've never gotten anything in writing giving the amount I earned for each job I did. All I've gotten are invoices with the charges on them. I asked for an accounting with income and expenses itemized, with no luck.

How do I claim this income on my taxes?

Thanks for your help.

<<How do I claim this income on my taxes?

If there's no withholding, put your income on your tax return. You don't necessarily need a 1099 to report your income.

Not sure what you meant by "charges" but if they were either state or Federal withholding, insist that you get an informational return as withholding are your prepaid taxes.

In 2007 I worked as an independent contractor. I should have earned over $600 in 2007, but have not received a 1099. I only received two checks during the year totaling about $200, the rest was withheld for [bogus] charges, which I am disputing. I've never gotten anything in writing giving the amount I earned for each job I did. All I've gotten are invoices with the charges on them. I asked for an accounting with income and expenses itemized, with no luck.

How do I claim this income on my taxes?

Thanks for your help.

You didn't make enough to file. Go to the IRS website, check it out. You have to make so much before taxes are to be paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back