New York Uncontested Divorce Process Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

proboner

Hi,

Been waiting on an uncontested divorce since 2012. I am the defendant in the case and when it was filed, my lawyer and theirs went through everything. I have been looking up the case on eTrack and saw the following two entries:

Appearance Date - 02/03/2014
Time -
On For - Supreme Trial
Appearance Outcome -
Justice / Part - NO JUSTICE ASSIGNED UNCONTESTED-AMSTER
Comments -
Motion Seq -

Appearance Date - 11/27/2013
Time -
On For - Supreme Initial (first time on)
Appearance Outcome - Adjourned
Justice / Part - NO JUSTICE ASSIGNED UNCONTESTED-AMSTER
Comments - DEFECT 12/17/13
Motion Seq -

Can anyone tell me what "On For - Supreme Trial" means? I know what the supposed defect of 12/17/13 was and addressed it through my lawyer so I am hoping that this means the divorce is finally getting moved forward. I find it so impossibly irritating that no one can give me a straight answer as to what is going on so I have had to resort to trying to figure it out on my own.

Thanks in advance.

D

Just one. It would be illegal to have more than one at a time. :)

By the way, you know the answer to my question by any chance?

Last edited:
proboner, I suggest you inquire of your lawyer.

What I can discern, based on what you posted is the following:

Your case hasn't been docketed because its awaiting a judge to be assigned.

You initial trial court in NY is called the supreme court.

Even if you're in a populous area, two years does seem quite lengthy especially for an uncontested divorces.

I'm told an uncontested divorce, assuming all the parties sign off quickly, shouldn't take more than 90-120 days.

I suggest you reach out to your attorney, not by telephone, but by email and snail mail letter, (registered, Return Receipt Requested = RRRR).

Thank you Army Judge for the helpful reply.

I heard it had something to do with delays in record retrieval due to impacts from super storm Sandy. I guess it is possible but I have my doubts about that as the reason for such a long delay. I am hoping this is a light at the end of the tunnel perhaps.

did you ever have an outcome. Mine was also defective, and then as of today got turned to on for supreme court on 4 march 2014. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back