New Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcmgr1

Our company has floated a new Agreement stating that we need to provide a 4 weeks notice to quit or pay X amount of $$. The Agreement came along with a raise in salary with a condition that the raise will be impacted once we sign the agreement.

I did not sign the agreement but put a 2 week notice to resign (per our earlier agreement during joining, it was a 2 week notice).
Now, company says that it is a part of policy now and I must serve 4 week notice or pay $X.

1) Is it legally enforceable even though I did not sign the agreement ?

2) If they credit the increased salary for this pay period, can they say that since I accepted the increased pay, the agreement is binding ?

3) Company also declared bonus (for previous year). Are they bound to pay it to me even though I am serving the notice period?

1.) Without reading the agreement it is impossible to say. However, IF it is an across the board change in policy as opposed to a series of individual employee agreements, the fact that you did not sign it is meaningless. Policies changes are binding on all employees whether they sign them or not; written notice is a courtesty, not a request for permission.

2.) Quite possibly. But again, only an attorney who has read the document in question can say for certain.

3.) That depends entirely on the terms of the bonus agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back