neglegence

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimfa

dear sir / mam,

i am working at hypermarket as a supervisor my question is, if i made mistakes because of trust but not intentionally mistakes negligence in my company, of being like accessory of my colleague doing stealing money and the management find out that he really steal ed money from the company because of am being lack of knowledge of that procedure that why i become like part of it? and now the hr department stop me in my work they said because the investigation still on going? my another question do they have right to stop me or terminate me even they know that i don''t steal money? please advice me.

This is a US board. The laws of the US and the laws of your country are not necessarily the same.

In the US yes, they have the right to terminate you even if they know you didn't steal the money.

suspension / termination

i am working at hypermarket as a supervisor my question is, if i made mistakes because of trust but not intentionally mistakes negligence in my company, of being like accessory of my colleague doing stealing money and the management find out that he really steal ed money from the company because of am being lack of knowledge of that procedure that why i become like part of it? and now the hr department stop me in my work they said because the investigation still on going? my another question do they have right to stop me or terminate me even they know that i don''t steal money? please advice me.

dear cbg,
even without my knowing that he is stealing money from the company ? am not really aware or even my manager does not know they'll just found out when i took wrong decision
on this?

I am a Retail theft consultant I answer questions like yours daily. I have also been part or conducted many such internal investigations. If your employer chooses to terminate you they can. Whether or not you participated knowingly or not. Unlike court they do not require "proof" to terminate you. Google "at will". If they do decide to terminate you ask if you can resign to avoid telling future employers you were fired due to suspected theft. It will remove your getting UI benefits but will avoid answering that ugly question of why you were fired at future interviews

In the US, a manager does not need a reason to fire an employee. With limited exceptions, an employee can legally be fired because the day of the week ends in Y.

I have no idea whether the same is true in your country or not. You'll have to find a board, or a lawyer, who is knowledgeable about your country's laws. We only do US law here.

More likely than not your employer did not do anything illegal in having you stop work while doing an investigation & would not be doing anything illegal if you were terminated. However, you really need to verify this with a law forum or lawyer that knows your country's labor laws.

Duplicate thread........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back