Need to show evidence it is in daughter's best interest to have more timesharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) It is most certainly nearly impossible to reach the public defenders when you are in jail. You seem to be confusing prison with jail. Prison has much more freedom. That is not where I went. It is easier to reach them from the outside. Maybe your ex was more fortunate to be in a county where the public defenders weren't understaffed and over-worked.

2) You are making a LOT of assumptions here that your ex's situation was the same type of experience everyone has in every county.

3) You claim you don't care, yet you feel a need to attack me?

4) What are you hoping to accomplish with your snide remarks and accusations?

1. No it is not. Odd how my ex husband was able to get assigned a public defender every time he went to jail. Yes I know the difference between jail and prison. He's been in both. Every single lawyer he's had has been a public defender. You are always entitled to representation if you can't afford it. They ask you if you need it and then give you the paperwork to fill out to determine if you qualify for a PD. He's been in multiple counties in the state we're from. Always had a public defender. I mean the sheriffs in at least two counties know him on sight. That's how much of a fuck up he is.

2. Every time he's been to jail (yes county jail) he has been able to call me, his mom, whoever he wanted to call. He called his first ex wife to talk to the kids if she accepted it. There have been times the last few times he was in jail that I did not accept his calls actually. I think the cost of the calls was the difference between counties and that was it. But whether he was in county jail OR prison, he always was able to call people. Always.

3. I attacked you? How so? Lol.

4. I am not hoping to accomplish anything. I'm just responding to your posts how you deserve to get a response.

No, it's NOT straight-forward. The part that was made clear to me was adjudication was withheld, and as such, I am not being considered guilty. That was the only thing made clear to me in the court.

You go ahead and approach people out on the streets that don't know legal nomenclature and ask them if they think "adjudication withheld" means they are pleading guilty. If I plead guilty, then what is the point of withholding adjudication? That makes no sense. In my experience, it is an under-handed method for the courts to get a conviction when defendants don't want to plead guilty. That was my experience, along with multiple other people's issue that I spoke with after the fact.

I need to get the record sealed at this point, as I can't get any decent job because of it.

"A withhold of adjudication is not a conviction. A withhold is a term used in sentencing in which the judge orders some sanctions, but does not formally convict the defendant of a criminal offense. Therefore, the defendant does not receive the consequences from a conviction in a criminal case."

So if you had the adjudication withheld, you shouldn't have a conviction on your record. It does show up in a background check - but it's not a conviction. So you simply just have to be honest when applying for a job that you have never been convicted and explain the withhold adjudication. But you weren't found guilty nor did you plead guilty if you had the adjudication withheld...so not sure why you're acting like you are.

I never said you *couldn't* get a public defender. However, reaching them from in the jail is EXTREMELY difficult. You typically have to leave messages with their secretary, IF you can even reach them. And you would have to call at least 40-50 times before they would ever even answer the line. Then when you follow-up, the secretary doesn't remember you or what you asked her, and so nothing gets done, etc. And as far as reaching anyone outside the jail, before booking, they rushed me and gave me about 30 seconds to take down any phone numbers I needed. So, most people's numbers I needed, I didn't even have while in there. And even when I did, most people were not too keen on paying $15 to speak with me for about 10-15 minutes or whatever it was.

Everyone in the jail complained about how many times they'd have to call their public defender's line and leave messages before ever seeing them. It took mine almost three full weeks just to even come see me for the first time, let alone getting him to do anything. But from every single repeat offender in there, that was typical. The public defenders were all bogged down with so many cases that they really couldn't do much for anyone other than tell you what the state is offering. And I didn't have anyone that could reach my attorney locally, as I was a college student with no family nearby and new to the area and college.

The one and only attorney that was halfway decent ended up leaving the defendant side and became a state prosecutor about three weeks before I was arrested. Regardless, I don't see how that whole attorney discussion has any relevance to my current predicament.

Regretfully, even with adjudication withheld, any company that does background checks sees you as guilty. Most people don't understand the terminology, and as such they just see a record as a red flag and don't even bothering setting me up with an interview. And I have had several companies where the interview went amazing, then I would warn them about the background check, even offer character references to support me, etc, and yet they never followed back up with me. And I have decades of work experience. Prior to the arrest, I never had that type of issue, so it was definitely because of the record.

Prior to moving, I was working for Uber. It worked great with my college schedule. As soon as they ran their annual background check, they immediately fired me. I tried to explain the situation to them, but they didn't care. To most companies, a record is a record, regardless of adjudication being withheld. Despite regional management experience prior to college, getting any type of even half-decent job is near impossible these days because of it. If I knew then what I know now, I would have stayed in jail to fight it all the way through, rather than take the plea so I could be free sooner.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

So weird that my ex husband was consistently able to get ahold of his PD - any of the times he was in jail. Apparently you had a crappy PD or you're exaggerating.

No it doesn't show someone as guilty - it just shows that there was a charge. But it does show up yes.

I have never been arrested and knew that taking a plea deal is a bad idea if you aren't guilty of a crime. Even before all my ex's stuff. I wouldn't take a plea to something I didn't do. That's just common sense.

Curious...you seem to play have issues on all of the sites you have sought advice at. Frankly from what I read here and on threads elsewhere, the only snide person is you.

Did you, in fact, DesperateDad78, actually research the posters who claim to have had such horrible experiences here? I did. Don't believe everything you read.

Most of the information one receives all over the internet is dispensed without obligation and FREE of cost to the recipient.

No it's not. I wasn't rude or disrespectful. I was straight forward and blunt and told facts. Have a lovely day!

Ah bless your heart. If you got legal advice why are you here? You have a lawyer who you paid and you're here on a legal forum? Why?

Oh you say the sweetest things! ;) My self-esteem is great. I think you should take your own advice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back