1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Need to show evidence it is in daughter's best interest to have more timesharing

Discussion in 'Child Custody & Visitation' started by DesperateDad78, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

1. No it is not. Odd how my ex husband was able to get assigned a public defender every time he went to jail. Yes I know the difference between jail and prison. He's been in both. Every single lawyer he's had has been a public defender. You are always entitled to representation if you can't afford it. They ask you if you need it and then give you the paperwork to fill out to determine if you qualify for a PD. He's been in multiple counties in the state we're from. Always had a public defender. I mean the sheriffs in at least two counties know him on sight. That's how much of a fuck up he is.

2. Every time he's been to jail (yes county jail) he has been able to call me, his mom, whoever he wanted to call. He called his first ex wife to talk to the kids if she accepted it. There have been times the last few times he was in jail that I did not accept his calls actually. I think the cost of the calls was the difference between counties and that was it. But whether he was in county jail OR prison, he always was able to call people. Always.

3. I attacked you? How so? Lol.

4. I am not hoping to accomplish anything. I'm just responding to your posts how you deserve to get a response.

2. leslie82

"A withhold of adjudication is not a conviction. A withhold is a term used in sentencing in which the judge orders some sanctions, but does not formally convict the defendant of a criminal offense. Therefore, the defendant does not receive the consequences from a conviction in a criminal case."

So if you had the adjudication withheld, you shouldn't have a conviction on your record. It does show up in a background check - but it's not a conviction. So you simply just have to be honest when applying for a job that you have never been convicted and explain the withhold adjudication. But you weren't found guilty nor did you plead guilty if you had the adjudication withheld...so not sure why you're acting like you are.

3. leslie82

So weird that my ex husband was consistently able to get ahold of his PD - any of the times he was in jail. Apparently you had a crappy PD or you're exaggerating.

No it doesn't show someone as guilty - it just shows that there was a charge. But it does show up yes.

I have never been arrested and knew that taking a plea deal is a bad idea if you aren't guilty of a crime. Even before all my ex's stuff. I wouldn't take a plea to something I didn't do. That's just common sense.

4. justblue

justblue Active Member

Curious...you seem to play have issues on all of the sites you have sought advice at. Frankly from what I read here and on threads elsewhere, the only snide person is you.

5. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Did you, in fact, DesperateDad78, actually research the posters who claim to have had such horrible experiences here? I did. Don't believe everything you read.

justblue likes this.
  6. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Most of the information one receives all over the internet is dispensed without obligation and FREE of cost to the recipient.

leslie82 likes this.
  7. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Active Member

And it didn't take long there were only 4 or 5.

8. leslie82

No it's not. I wasn't rude or disrespectful. I was straight forward and blunt and told facts. Have a lovely day!

9. leslie82

Ah bless your heart. If you got legal advice why are you here? You have a lawyer who you paid and you're here on a legal forum? Why?

Oh you say the sweetest things! ;) My self-esteem is great. I think you should take your own advice though.