Need Help

llugo1986

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
Hi everyone,

I hope this is the place that i can find some answers.

To shortly summarize my situation, I have been involved with DCF since 2008, due to sanitary issues with the home. I used to work 80 hrs and also go to college full time and unfortunately my wife at the time could care less about helping around the house and taking care of the children. she'd refuse to feed the kids and give them their meds. Needless to say i had to quit one of my jobs and put my school on hold to be home more and help. However she continued with the same behavior and pattern.

As time went on, there was no change in her behavior in neglecting the children. I tried everything from counseling, in home services, family help and support but nothing worked.

In 2011 we separated due to these ongoing issues, she would go as far as lying about feeding the kids and let them go hungry.

The separation came after DCF told her that she was going to have a meeting wit the social worker her counselor, and other members of the team to better understand her struggles and issues and why theres no progress.

However, before that meeting took place she left to live with her maternal family in another town in Mass.
Her family has ties with the DCF office in that town and her grandparents were foster parents for many years for the very same office.

ever since she left and transferred the case, i have had nothing but headaches .

The department has been biased and against me due to false accusations.

From depriving me of seeing my kids several times, and even granting visitations to her boyfriend. to defamation and complete alienation from my kids

she also had a child from another guy, however my name is the one on the birth certificate due to the baby being born in the marriage. Bio dad has nothing to do with her nor does he wants to.

DCF never allowed me any visits with her for 4 yrs.

long story short my EX won custody with the help of DCF, even though she never completed even one task on her service plan. and i completed everything with the exception of one thing.

I had a full time job, was back in school. had my own place, etc

she was homeless, jobless and refused to follow services.

but they gave the children back to her.

Few months later after winning custody, she completely voluntarily gave the children back to DCF and told them that she didnt want them and couldnt take care of them. This happend after she threaten me via text that she was gonna kills the kids. the text said...." if you continue to take me to court you will regret it, anything that happens to the kids will be on you, remember if Casey Anthony got away with murder, so can i"

Needles to say the children are back in custody of the state and after many fights trying to advocate for my children, the state is willing to give me the children and place them with me.

However the psychological and physical damage to my children had been done, they have gone though things that i do not wish upon anyone even my worst enemy.

Do i have a case to sue? and if so how do i go about it?

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the place that i can find some answers.

To shortly summarize my situation, I have been involved with DCF since 2008, due to sanitary issues with the home. I used to work 80 hrs and also go to college full time and unfortunately my wife at the time could care less about helping around the house and taking care of the children. she'd refuse to feed the kids and give them their meds. Needless to say i had to quit one of my jobs and put my school on hold to be home more and help. However she continued with the same behavior and pattern.

As time went on, there was no change in her behavior in neglecting the children. I tried everything from counseling, in home services, family help and support but nothing worked.

In 2011 we separated due to these ongoing issues, she would go as far as lying about feeding the kids and let them go hungry.

The separation came after DCF told her that she was going to have a meeting wit the social worker her counselor, and other members of the team to better understand her struggles and issues and why theres no progress.

However, before that meeting took place she left to live with her maternal family in another town in Mass.
Her family has ties with the DCF office in that town and her grandparents were foster parents for many years for the very same office.

ever since she left and transferred the case, i have had nothing but headaches .

The department has been biased and against me due to false accusations.

From depriving me of seeing my kids several times, and even granting visitations to her boyfriend. to defamation and complete alienation from my kids

she also had a child from another guy, however my name is the one on the birth certificate due to the baby being born in the marriage. Bio dad has nothing to do with her nor does he wants to.

DCF never allowed me any visits with her for 4 yrs.

long story short my EX won custody with the help of DCF, even though she never completed even one task on her service plan. and i completed everything with the exception of one thing.

I had a full time job, was back in school. had my own place, etc

she was homeless, jobless and refused to follow services.

but they gave the children back to her.

Few months later after winning custody, she completely voluntarily gave the children back to DCF and told them that she didnt want them and couldnt take care of them. This happend after she threaten me via text that she was gonna kills the kids. the text said...." if you continue to take me to court you will regret it, anything that happens to the kids will be on you, remember if Casey Anthony got away with murder, so can i"

Needles to say the children are back in custody of the state and after many fights trying to advocate for my children, the state is willing to give me the children and place them with me.

However the psychological and physical damage to my children had been done, they have gone though things that i do not wish upon anyone even my worst enemy.

Do i have a case to sue? and if so how do i go about it?

Maybe, read, educate yourself, you decide:
What if I disagree with DCF's decision or I don't like my worker? - MassLegalHelp
http://www.mass.gov/childadvocate/docs/final-report.pdf

Back