NEED HELP PLZ My ex's new wife is being abusive to my children

Laura Richardson

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hi my name is Laura
I really need some help ASAP
I live in Pa my ex and his new wife live in Fla we were divorced in 2008 i left the state bcause he literally thru me out on to the street and made sure he got everything including the kids.we have what Fla calls as of 2008 shared parental responsibility but they got to live with him bcause he made sure he got the house and everything else.The divorce syates that I am to have telephonic communicatuon at all times with my girls he was doing that in the very begining.Then the new wife stepped in and started telling me that i was no longer allowed to talk to them would curse me out on the phone in front of them and tell me that i was a horrible mother and a piece of shit amd ant other thing and then hang up on me My ex was very abusive to me in every way possible as well as very controlling.I have not been allowed to talk to my girls for the last 5yrs.FINALLY my youngest who turns 14on Nov 5th contacted me the middle of Oct,and then two weeks later on Oct 29th my oldest contacted me she just tirned 15 on Nov 2 Well now the truth is coming oit from both of them thru messages on Kik its an app that is the only way we can communicate because my girls are telling me that Anita is calling my oldest to her face that she is worthless shes a monster that she has no freinds and she has told both of my girls that i wanted nothing to do with them which is a lie,She would tell me that.they hayed me and wanted nothing to do wirh me.My girls NEVER EVEN KNEW that i was living in Pa till they talked to me.My oldest told me that she stabbed herself with a pen last week and talks about wanting to kill herself bcause of what her stepmom is doing to her, she says that she tells her she has no freinds she told me she cant take anymore she wants to be with me.My youngest told me today that i had to promise not to tell anyone that Anita threatens both her and her sister telling them she's going to punch them in the head she is always uellung and scraming at them and my youngest told me that Anita slaps her and has also told her that she has no freinds and wont let the girls go anywhere or talk to anyone i cant even talk to them unless its in school and they have to keep that a secret there father DOES NOTHING and the two of them have 2 children together and are going to have another one in March OMG and my youngest told me today she cant take it anymore she wants to be wirh me .What i need to know is there anything i can do legally to get my girls out of thete i am IN FEAR FOR THEIR SAFTEY plz help i cant afford an attorney .but they need OUT NOW Thanku Laura

If the children are being abused, have you or they contacted FL DHS/DHR/CPS/DFCS?
If you have a court order for visitation, have you attempted to visit with the children at all in this time? Why not?

Hi my name is Laura
I really need some help ASAP
I live in Pa my ex and his new wife live in Fla we were divorced in 2008 i left the state bcause he literally thru me out on to the street and made sure he got everything including the kids.we have what Fla calls as of 2008 shared parental responsibility but they got to live with him bcause he made sure he got the house and everything else.The divorce syates that I am to have telephonic communicatuon at all times with my girls he was doing that in the very begining.Then the new wife stepped in and started telling me that i was no longer allowed to talk to them would curse me out on the phone in front of them and tell me that i was a horrible mother and a piece of shit amd ant other thing and then hang up on me My ex was very abusive to me in every way possible as well as very controlling.I have not been allowed to talk to my girls for the last 5yrs.FINALLY my youngest who turns 14on Nov 5th contacted me the middle of Oct,and then two weeks later on Oct 29th my oldest contacted me she just tirned 15 on Nov 2 Well now the truth is coming oit from both of them thru messages on Kik its an app that is the only way we can communicate because my girls are telling me that Anita is calling my oldest to her face that she is worthless shes a monster that she has no freinds and she has told both of my girls that i wanted nothing to do with them which is a lie,She would tell me that.they hayed me and wanted nothing to do wirh me.My girls NEVER EVEN KNEW that i was living in Pa till they talked to me.My oldest told me that she stabbed herself with a pen last week and talks about wanting to kill herself bcause of what her stepmom is doing to her, she says that she tells her she has no freinds she told me she cant take anymore she wants to be with me.My youngest told me today that i had to promise not to tell anyone that Anita threatens both her and her sister telling them she's going to punch them in the head she is always uellung and scraming at them and my youngest told me that Anita slaps her and has also told her that she has no freinds and wont let the girls go anywhere or talk to anyone i cant even talk to them unless its in school and they have to keep that a secret there father DOES NOTHING and the two of them have 2 children together and are going to have another one in March OMG and my youngest told me today she cant take it anymore she wants to be wirh me .What i need to know is there anything i can do legally to get my girls out of thete i am IN FEAR FOR THEIR SAFTEY plz help i cant afford an attorney .but they need OUT NOW Thanku Laura

You must ask yourself HOW MUCH you love your kids?

Is it $50, $500, $5,000.

Most parents would spare no expense to save and protect their children.

No one else, except child services is going to drop a dollar to help YOU protect your kids.

Good luck.

So you left the state and didn't contact the children or check on their welfare for 5 years?? Florida is a big state. There was no need to leave unless you wanted to. There has also always been recourse through the courts to change custody or enforce the current order. It sounds like you did nothing about that.

If the kids are being abused, contact CPS.

Back