Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelbear07

I took my daughter shopping at a major department store. As she was trying on under garments I was racing back and forth with different sizes. As I gave her the rest of the under garments I told her try them on as I had to run to the ladies room. When I got back I noticed a closed sign across the dressing room door, stunned the janitor told me there was someone inside. I said yes my daughter as he then proceeded to get angry and say does your daughter speak, I said yes and the then gave me a lecture on how I should teach my daughter to speak up and that kids tend to lock the doors and crawl under and leave. I told him well my daughter is 14 she doesn't do that, come to find out he admitted on opening the door on her. My daughter told me she heard a knock and then she heard a man's voice and got scared, she then said he took his broom and unlatched the door lock and walked in. She quickly covered and ran behind the door. When I found out I was ANGRY and I told him that you scared her and she wasn't going to voice out and say here I am half naked. He then stated she should have said something and made sure it sounded like it was her fault, I got a hold of a sales associate and she apologized and reassured me that his intention was not to harm my daughter, and then they proceeded to act like it was no big deal. I said why was he cleaning a dressing room during store hours that should have been done at night. My daughter and I feel angry, hurt and violated and we don't trust dressing rooms anymore. What can I do about this? Who can I turn them into? The store managager never called me back.

So what sort of compensation are you trying to seek for this incident? I don't see any monetary award coming to you, maybe an apology, but you already got one of those.

What can I do about this? Nothing.

Who can I turn them into? No one.

The store managager never called me back. I doubt s/he will. No case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back