Need Advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey762002

I recently was terminated for not meeting 95% cashier performance. I was at a 93% between the time they released me after a half a day until the day they terminated me which was about a 2 month time. I was just wondering if there is anything that I can do because of my learning disability(which I have had since I was in elementary school and have documentation of) and for the fact that another co-worker was let go because she didn't meet it also. The thing is when they released me after a half a day, they said they would meet with me again to let them know what I decided if I still wanted to work for them or not. They never did have that meeting nor did they call me into the office. The day they terminated me, the SD asked me if remember him saying something about 100% daily and I said no and the witness that was there corrected him and said it was 95%. How can a cashier possibly meet 95% daily if they have issues that they have to deal with everyday brought on by their own dept.? Ex. Items not ringing up right, payment cards not working, items not in the system... When I brought up some of these issues as to why I thought I couldn't meet it, he interrupted me and said that all the other cashiers have the same ones and they can hit it so why cant you. I went to talk to my union stewards and they said they would talk to the Union rep. but I have never heard anything back and this was a couple weeks ago. The Union Rep. did say that he would try to get me a transfer a couple months ago within the company but I never heard anything back about that either before I was terminated. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do legally. I also received in the mail today(8-29) from Job and Family services something to the effect of after reviewing the facts, I was discharged without just cause under Section 4141.29(D)(2)(a) of the Revised Code. I am not sure what that means. Could someone explain that to me??? Thank You.

Did your employer know about the learning disability? Did you ask them for an accomodation? What accomodation do you think would have allowed you to reach 100% daily?

(Note: Under NO law was the employer required to reduce standard requirements for you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back