Nedd Help from Lawyer ASAP, PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Determined

Try to make it short as possible. My husband aND i ARE DIVORCING. i HAVE A tpo AGAINST HIM. iN THE tpo IT STATES THAT i CAN'T REMOVE ANY PROPERTY FROM THE HOME, EXCEPT PERSONAL. i'M AN it STUDENT. i WORK ON COMPUTERS ALL THE TIME, ESPECIALLY MY OWN. i REPLACED THE HARD DRIVE IN IT LAST WEEK. i DO NOT HAVE THE OLD ONE ANYMORE. nOW THEY ARE ASKING FOR IT. tHEY CLAIM THEY MAILED ME A LETTER BUT NOT ONE TO MY LAWYER. i NEVER RECEIVED IT. MY LAWYER RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE COURT STATING IT HAD BEEN PUT ON THE DOCKET. MY LAWYER CALLED ME ON FRIDAY TO TELL ME THEY WANT TO INVESTIGATE MY HARDDRIVE BY A FORENSICS IT, WE WERE GOING TO COURT ON MONDAY. COULD NOT RETRIEVE THE HARDDRIVE. WE HAD THE MOTION CONTINUED. THEY CLAIM THERE IS DEROGETORY THINGS ON THERE OF ME. WHAT DO I DO. MY LAWYER IS NOT MUCH HELP. I HAVE A LAWYER FROM STATE BAR, FREE. I LIKE HER BUT I DON'T THINK SHE IS FIGHTING HARD ENOUGH FOR ME. I ALSO HAVE TO MOVE THIS WEEKEND, I'M GOING TO PUT MOSST THINGS IN STORAGE AND MOVE IN WITH MY PARENTS FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS. AM I GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE FOR MOVING PROPERTY? WE ARE BEING EVICTED BECAUSE HE ISN'T PAYING CHILD SUPPORT AS HE SHOULD.

It's hard to complain about a free attorney so if you do not like her, then go out and hire another one on your own. They have alot of cases.

on another note, you should get a job and working if you are not already. I dont see how you can blame your husband 100% for eviction, he does not have to pay child support unless ordered by the court, so you need to support the child the best you can until an order is put in.

where is the hard drive? If you replaced it out then it sounds like you are hiding evidence. There obviously is a reason why they are asking for it. If you were told not to remove property then don't do it.

I don't know what your sitation is but you and your husband should try to divorce civilly for the sake of the child. If you do not like your attorney then ask your parents for help. Why is there a TRO against your husband? that also often complicats things and is often used as a ploy to gain custody.

Get over yourself

No you don't. I'm not complaining about my lawyer. I like her. I just said that I don't feel she is fighting hard enough. I DO have the right to complain, free or not. This is my situation she is PAID to do this job.
There is a child support order. The TPO, you missed, is because of abuse. He plead guilty to Battery and Child Cruelty.
There's nothing on that hard drive. He's just being spiteful. I'm a FULL TIME IT student. That's what I do. Repair and replace parts on my pc and others. They did not ask for the hard drive until after they gave me and my attorneys papers of what they wanted. I complied. They just put it on the docket. I have to have my computer working as I need it for school. It's essential. The hard drive is lost in all the mess of moving with three kids. He left us without a single penny. He also left me with over due bills for everything and four months behind in rent. It was our agreement that I stay home and raise the kids til the youngest was almost ready for school and I would go back to school, therefor I would be ready to work when the youngest starts. I will graduate when he starts school. He has been and wanted to be the sole provider financially that is for the past 8 years. I held up my end of the agreement. He could not handle me being out of the house. So he became abusive. I did not ask for any of this. I have managed to pay all over due bills and rent for the months we have been here without any help from him. You should really pay more attention to what you say to people. You NEVER know what someone is going through nor the entire situation.
No, you are not an attorney, your advice is no good, and you are not truthful nor blunt but cruel and ignorant to the situation. I did ask for advice from a lawyer, as my lawyer is on vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back