My spouse is hiding to avoid the divorce to keep her green card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

personaj

I am a US citizen, and I married a non-US-citizen in Europe. Our relationship did not work out, and my spouse left me 1.5 years ago. I am thinking of starting up a new family eventually... How can I find her to serve her with the request for the divorce? She must be in the US, and I have an idea what state she may be in, but that's about it.

I am a US citizen, and I married a non-US-citizen in Europe. Our relationship did not work out, and my spouse left me 1.5 years ago. I am thinking of starting up a new family eventually... How can I find her to serve her with the request for the divorce? She must be in the US, and I have an idea what state she may be in, but that's about it.

In what European country did you marry your spouse?

You might want to talk to a divorce attorney or an international law attorney to be sure everything is done correctly.

(Affidavit of support ;) )

If it was consular processing, he may not have actually submitted the I-864 (which is the enforceable document) but instead signed the I-134 (not enforceable).

Agree - that's what it would actually be called in this case: Affidavit of support = a document an individual signs to accept financial responsibility for another person, usually a relative.

There are affidavits of responsibility though.

Hi..

Well, you can have the help of newspapers and other investigation methods, hopefully that would be working if she wants to be back to you or she accept the divorce towards your side.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back